Hello, folks. I have a four years old son. I think he might even have a social delay. He doesn't communicate with other kids. He rarely even speaks to us. It seems like he is in his own world of fantasy. I wanted to ask all of you what the best treatment was for children with this problem. Thanks.

Hello. I think your kid might have autism, but this is not for sure. You should check this first with psychologist or psychiatrist. There is no cure for this disorder. But, there are some treatment options. Behavioral and communication therapy is the first choice. Your son might get some medications prescribed. Stimulants are good for provoking hyperactivity. Antidepressants control aggressive behavior. There are also complementary approaches. Those are music therapy, art therapy, vitamin and mineral supplements, special diets, etc. I hope everything will be all right with your son.