aight so I take Cymbalta and risperdal for paranoid schizophrenia. My family has a long history of schizophrenia and my son has it as well. My question is what is a better or different antidepressant to take other than Cymbalta. I can handle the weight gain from risperdal but the ED from this cocktail is really bumming me out. I can't take budiprion because it makes me more paranoid and I cant take effexor because it makes me into a raging alcoholic. I have tried a lot of anti depressant but I am open to suggestions.

IVE HAD SCHIZOPHRENIA ALL MY LIFE AND DEPRESSION AND BENN ON ALL OF THE MEDS THEY GOT THE BEST THATS WORKED FOR ME IS RESPERDAL AND ZYPREXA A GOOD COMBO. AND DONT GET OFF THE MEDS U MIGHT HAVE A SCYCOTIC EPISODE. FOR ME ITS RUFF IVE PASSED A POINT WITH THE DISORDER I STILL HEAR AND SEE DEAD PEOPLE BUT GOT USED TOO IT. JUST TRY NOT TOO INTER ACT WORRIE ABOUT THE HERE AND NOW NOT THE FUTURE OR PAST OR THINGS THAT SOPOSEDLY DONT EXIST.  IT TAKES UP TOO MUCH OF TIME IN LIFE. LIVE IN THE MOMENT AND TAKE MEDS TOO STABLE IZE. GOOD LUCK A CARING MECHANIC THAT DID ALOT OF DIRT AND HAD A HARD LIFE ALL THE TIME AND GOTEN BETTER EACH DAY.

Do you still have anxiety? What I take is Citalepram for depression and then I found that taking Buspar as an anti-anxiety also had an effect of reversing my libido problem. I looked it up on the internet, and Buspar is a less addicting drug than the others like Xanax and Ativan, does not make you sleepy much does take away the anxiety. It works in a different way with your system plus it helped counteract my libido problem. You might want to bring this up to your doctor, and remember you are in charge of your mental and physical health. Our physical needs effect our mental needs, so tell the doc that you are serious about needing to at least try and see what happens. You can always get another doctor who might be more understanding. Good luck!