Hi, I have problems with my teenage son. He is only fifteen years old and was already arrested. He and some of his friends broke into a store and stole some cigarettes and beer. The police let him go under my custody. However, I wasn't at all satisfied whit this outcome. My son wasn't at all worried he was arrested. I don't know how to deal with this situation. How do you deal with your teenage son having criminal issues?

Hi, teenagers are hard to deal as it is, but when they have problems with the law than you really don't know how to react. I can understand you are worried about your son's future and that you are confused with this development. Sometimes teenagers get into these types of situations because they want to impress their peers. The pressure of wanting to fit in can make even the smartest kids get into trouble. What you can do to help your son is to talk to him. Try to find out why he did it. You shouldn't be judgmental, but show compassion. Do not ask too many questions. If you show him you trust him, in time he will open up to you. He should understand that if he continues to act this way, it will ruin his future. However, if you notice that you are not making any progress, you shouldn't hesitate to ask for help from a professional therapist.