Hi, folks. My friend was experiencing some problems with his joints. After a while, she was diagnosed with tuberculosis arthritis. I know about pulmonary tuberculosis, but I didn’t know it could take joints as well. What is the dealing with this kind of disease? I would appreciate it. Thank you for all your help.

Hello, there. Yes, tuberculosis arthritis exists. It is usually secondary in origin. It means that the primary focus is in lungs or lymph nodes. There are special forms of antibiotics that are given here. Painkillers can also be prescribed. Heat or cold can also be applied on the affected joints in order to reduce the intensity of pain. Surgery is needed for tuberculosis of spine. Other locations usually do not require this. Bye!

Hello, everyone. I agree with the previous post. This tuberculosis arthritis is usually a result of lung tuberculosis or lymph nodes tuberculosis. There are certain medications applied here. They are effective against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. I cannot recommend you one. Your friend should discuss all these issues with his specialist. I hope he will get some good answer. Please, let me know if you find out something new. Bye!