Hi, my sister is 32 years old and she was complaining for some time already that she experience some pain while she urinates. She thought that it may be some cold or PMS but as this symptoms didn’t pass she decided to visit her doctor. He made ultra sound of her kidneys and also ask to take sample of kidney tissue. Further analysis showed that it was renal tuberculosis. I would like to know little more about this disease.

Hi, my friend also had kidney tuberculosis several years ago. He didn’t have any symptoms from his lungs but tuberculosis affected his kidneys. Mycobacterium tuberculosis causes renal tuberculosis too. Symptoms are not specific but you need to have it on your mind. There are usually no early symptoms, inflammation is presented same as fever and chills. Treatment is the same as for lung tuberculosis with isoniazid, rifampicin, pyrazinamide and ethambutol.