Hello, folks. My mother has been recently diagnosed psoriatic arthritis. He is experiencing severe pain and his joints are stiffed and swelled. I would like to know whether symptoms of psoriatic arthritis can be reduced. I would really appreciate all your replies. Thanks in advance for all your help, guys. Bye!

Hello. There is no cure for psoriatic arthritis. However, making a proper diagnosis is very important. Treatment can reduce some symptoms. Rheumatologists are the ones that treat this form of arthritis. There are several groups of medications that are used for this. Those are Non-Steroidal anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID), Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs (DMARDs), corticosteroids and “Biologics”. Rheumatologist is the one that will decide which group(s) to use for your mother. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!