Hi, guys. My friend has been recently done Mantoux test. I have never heard about this test before, so I would really like to know what it is all about. My friend didn’t give me any specific details, except it has something to do with tuberculosis. I would really appreciate your help here.

Hello. Mantoux test is indeed used for diagnosing tuberculosis. It is also known as PPD test. Here, tuberculin is used. It is purified protein from mycobacterium tuberculosis. It is given as intradermal injection. The reaction is read after 48 to 72 hours. If a person has been exposed to TBC, there is induration. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, everyone. Mantoux test is a very powerful diagnostic test. The induration can show many things. You can divide results into 3 groups. One is 5mm or more, other is 10 mm or more and the third one is 15 mm or more. Each group has some meaning. You can even consult a doctor about some details. I hope this will help and that your friend will be all right. Good luck to him! Bye!