Hello, guys. I know that we have all heard about tuberculosis, but I have recently heard about tuberculosis arthritis. I really need to know what it is, especially in the knee area. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me something more about this. Thank you in advance for all the info.

Hi, there. Nowadays tuberculosis arthritis is not so spread like it used to be. It usually affects one joint, but there can be more joints affected. Bacteria usually come from another place in organism, usually lungs or lymph nodes. These people also have reported a recent injury of this joint that is affected. I really don’t know some special characteristics of knee tuberculosis arthritis. In any case, one should treat it seriously. Otherwise, there can be some massive destruction of the joint. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello. Tuberculosis arthritis is not as common as in previous generations. There can be some general symptoms like fever or weakness. In the beginning, there can be a mild pain, although it isn’t necessary. Swelling is also something that is common. I agree that the treatment should be considered seriously. It can really destroy the bones of the joint if left untreated. I hope I’ve helped a little. Good luck with all! Bye!