My periods usually come the very last week of each month, but this past February i was stressed out from finals and my period was pushed back into the second week in march. Since then i have yet to receive my period still. I am not sexually active, although i have had "dry sex" with clothes on, i took a pregnancy test just in case there was the slightest chance i was pregnant. It came out negative as i expected. As the end of my freshman year in college comes to a near, i am packing on more and more stress and i am just not sure what to do. I Continue to feel the symptoms of how it would be before i receive my period but nothing happens. I have heard that since i live in a dorm, it can mess up my period but I've been here all year and nothing has prolonged it this much, although i have never been this stressed out i my life. I really don't know what to do.

Don't sweat it, it probably is just stress. My cycle did the same thing my first year of college. Stress will do funny things to your body, and to your cycle. Also, living in a dorm can affect your period. I lived with my sister for well over a year before it started to affect mine, however I was also extremely stressed at the time. If things continue to be really weird like this I recommend going to see a doctor. All in all though, just relax.

Sure. From all delayed period reasons stress is the most common reason.

Why?

Very simple. The stress hormone cortisol plays a big role in how much oestrogen and progesterone you will produce. That means only one thing - if you have too much cortisol in your body and your organism, it can definitely affect everything from the flow and length of your cycle, as well as when it’s due to arrive.

The same thing is with your period.

I suggest you to exercise more and if you don't exercise at all, maybe it is time for you to start.

This will reduce your stress levels for sure.