Hi, I believe I have missed period due to mono. I did pregnancy test, and it’s negative. And I had mono infection a month ago, so I suppose that due to infection my period has missed. Am I right?

"Mono" shorter form of mononucleosis, is a infectious disease caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. This infection is very common, and symptomes include fever, sore throat and swollen lymph nodes. Usually, no specific treatment is used because of mild symptoms. Mono is also called “kissing disease” because it is spread through close contact. Early stages of the disease are most contagious. But, a person can stay uneffected by illness although having Epstein-Barr virus in it’s saliva. A disease may develop later or never. After being infected your body develops immunity, and even if people around you are ill, you are safe. It should not effect your period.

no, mono itself does not affect your period, however, symptoms associated with mono can. Change in exercise habits, eating habits, and extreme stress can all lead to an irregular period. All of these symptoms are associated with mono. Right after I got over mono nearly the same thing happened to me. I got an extremely short, light period. So don't worry about it, unless this lasts a few months, it is just your body re-adjusting to your normal lifestyle!

This really helped! Thank you!

I know this is a year old but yes it can delay your period. I had mono back in 2011 and my doctor said I wouldn't have my period for a couple of months and he was right.