Hey guys. I have ugly stress and panic attacks occasionally and anxiety is killing me as well. But I never saw that someone can get hives during the panic attacks. I saw one girl having ugly anxiety and stress attacks and she was all red because of those hives. Red, blue, purple - I can't really tell. I never saw that someone can be in that bad condition. It was really bad. She was really furious and I got scared, to be honest. But can you tell me is stress or anxiety the main cause of those hives? I would like to know. 

Hey 62. I hope that you are doing OK.

Yes, stress, depression and anxiety can cause rash, hives and redness. Stress is really bad thing and it can change totally the way you look. It can affect your hair, your skin, etc. 

It is because when you’re under stress, your body pumps out more of certain hormones, such as cortisol. Well, these hormones cause glands under your skin to produce more oil and excess oil can get trapped inside hair follicles, along with dirt and dead skin cells, and produce pimples, hives and rash. It happens to me very often and it looks ugly.

Hello there. Sure it can. I am dealing with hives constantly when I have those panic attacks. First, it all starts with crying and crying for hours sometimes. Then, when I feel much better I got really red face because I was crying for that long and the next thing - I got this rash and those hives. They are red, white, and they are all over my body. So, yes it is true. Everyone can expect this to happen to them when they are dealing with some stress. It is known that stress affects your body, your skin, your hair and sometimes your teeth. I believe that you have heard a lot of times that someone lost the hair because of the stress? Well, you can easily get hives as well. Good luck!

Hey there.

Yes, it can like already others told you. There is actually that type of terminology that is known as stress hives. Look, those stress hives come about when you expose the body to excessive stress and the immune system is then compromised and when the immune system is dysfunctional, histamine is released triggering an inflammatory process causing the skin to swell. I know certain persons who believe that they are going to die just because they have those anxiety hives. You are not going to die, all you need to do is to seek for some help and maybe some medications that can calm down those hives. 

It happens, although it is not that common. It should be easy to treat, if you want to treat it. However, if a person decides to just leave them be because he or she thinks that they will disappear over time, well, he or she is very wrong there because they will just spread if you scratch them (and trust me, you will scratch them).

You can ask in the pharmacy for some oils or creams to treat your rashes. They are very familiar there with these kind of things and it isn't a big philosophy to find which oils and creams would be best for you and your skin.

Yeah, it isn't so common but it happens. I had rashes when I was suffering from anxiety. Every time that I would stress out, I would get this awful rash on my neck and it would spread to my hands if I would just leave it like that. I never bought any oils or creams for it, I was living with my grandma and she always had some special oils and creams for me which, by the way, she made all on her own from the plants she would take from a hill nearby. I loved her for that, she knew so much about so many things.

Yes, like others told you already, and it can be pretty nasty, I guess it all depends from a person to person. I had a friend who was suffering from anxiety and I didn't know it at the time. I saw him once completely covered in hives and rashes, he was hard to look at, it looked disgusting, I have to be honest. It was then when he explained to me that he was suffering from anxiety and that the rashes and hives were just a symptom of his anxiety. He never treated these hives and rashes in any way, he just waited for them to disappear on their own.

Good day guys! I had pretty nasty hives attack a couple of days ago and of course, they are there because of my stress. I got in a huge fight with my boyfriend and I don't think that we will be able to be together again anymore. He has problems with poker games and he is losing his money every night. It makes me stressed and I start to panic whenever he tells me that he needs to go out with his friends. Last night I was not able to get him on the phone and I started to panic, so I got those ugly hives all over my body. It is horrible. Really horrible.

Hey there. Unfortunately, yes because stress manifests usually through the skin. And usually, it is very awful if I can describe it that way. One day it happened to me as well, but it happened just once in my life and never again. I got those read and white hives all over my body and all over my face and I got rally scared. I went to the doctor and when he saw me, he immediately asked me am I stress or do I have problems with anxiety. He guessed immediately what is the problem. He gave me a couple of advice and he told me that stress is my worst enemy.