Do you find you deal with stress better or worse than you did 10/15 years ago?

Are your stressors worse? Better?

I didn't know what stress was 15 years ago!

But I think I handle it better, despite worse stressors. I don't sweat the small stuff like I used to.

15 years ago I had no stress. Now I have quite a bit and I hope that I'm dealing with it very well. :)

15 years ago I was only 10. :)

Owning my own business has created much more stress in my life that's for sure. Plus having teenage boyz adds more. I think I've learned to deal with it better. Not sure what others would say. :umno:

I was 13. But 10 years ago at 18 I was deciding on colleges and what part of the country to live in and what to do with the rest of my life and how I would pay for college. At the time it seemed monumental, and even in hindsight, it was sort of a "sliding doors" moment...ie, I wonder where I would be now if I went to Valparaiso or Vanderbilt for my first degree instead. I digress. I still think I handle it better now.

I just blow a lot of stuff off now.....prozac helps.....

I divorced my major source of stress a couple of years ago and I've almost got her paid off....

I still have plenty of stress sources but I think I manage to deal with them pretty well, better than I did 10 years ago.

I had grey hair in college (30 years ago). I've got it now. Draw your own conclusions.

Well, 15 years ago from right now, I am sure I wasn't too stressed. Single, crappy job, but not to worried about the future. I didn't have enough sense at the age of almost 20 to be stressed!!

Here I am today, a single mother of 3, in college full-time (and just a few hours ago I registered my first baby and only daughter for her freshman year of high school 8O ). This is a lot more stressful than 15 years ago, but a happy stress in almost every way imaginable. I'm exactly where I want to be, where I need to be. Life is so good!!

Well I was 15. Everything is stressfull for a 15 yr old girl. Like ohmy god!

I refuse to get stressed.

/realz

15 years ago I was only 8...not much stress there
10 years ago I was 12 or 13...was stressed more due to examinations I had to take before graduating from elementary school in Singapore...the grades that I obtained would be used to determine which high school I would go to (they are ranked)
I'm glad I'm out of the educational system there...it's sad that many kids there do not enjoy much of a childhood.
Now, having gone through 4 years of hard work in college, I say I can probably handle stress better than I did before.

15 years ago the only stress I had was the worry about the wedding I was planning. Which dress...bridesmaid dresses...flowers...DJ's... Boy were those hard decisions! :? So much hope. So much to make me happy and look forward to. I only had to worry about myself and my then fiance. 10 years ago I was definitely stressing over being the new parent of a 6 month old. She was teething...still staying awake at night. I was working and trying to figure out what this parenthood thing was about. Now...I live with a lot of stress. I can handle stress better only because I've worked through it enough times that I know I'll survive. The job...the kids...the activities...supporting all of us...being totally independant...what the future holds...all stresses me. I cannot think of it getting any greater unless there was a sudden illness with any of us or I lost my job. I'm waiting for the day where I don't live with it and things just flow for me. I believe that's a long time coming.

let's see...newly diagnosed 2 year old with insulin dependent diabetes

35 yo husband with his first heart attack.....

reading books on parenting the only child.... glad that didn't play out! she's the best stress relief on two legs!!!!

i was on any and every antidepressant that came out. let's just say it took the edge off in a band-aid kinda way.

now, i believe a growing faith and regular running program has helped me handle stress in my life alot better; i'm not taking meds but i have more health issues with husband and son to deal with but i still feel a bit more grounded. if anything, i have learned to live one day at a time. i can not afford to do it any other way, and why, again i feel completely frustrated at not being able to run as it has been such a fantastic therapy in my life.....knitting just isn't going to cut it.

overall, i'd say i'm handling stuff better which really speaks volumes for where i was at 15 years ago :umno:

15 years ago I was too drunk to know what stress was.

10 years ago I was a newly wed with a new wife, 3 new kids and a new mortgage working 3 jobs to pay for it all.