For the most part, I usually have a 28 day cycle (I use My MonthlyCycle to chart my period and 95% of the time it is dead on). This month my period was due on Sunday, May 22nd. The entire month I was careful (protected sex with condoms, checking afterwards for any rips), except for the day before my period was due. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex for about less than 5 minutes, then he put one on and we continued from there. Fast forward to now, I am 8 days late and I have taken two pregnancy tests with both coming out negative. I have no symptoms of pregnancy or period at all. In fact leading up to my period due date, even before the unprotected incident, I was having no period symptoms at all (I often have cramping or sore boobs, though the sore boobs not always).    

Now I believe I ovulated normally (14-16 days after my last period) as I had mid-cycle spotting, which I have had the past couple cycles especially right after I run. The mid-cycle spotting is something new that I've begun having just in the last 3 cycles and I know for sure the mid-cycle spotting wasn't implantation bleeding because a) I've had it before and my period was normal, b) up until the day before my period was due I had had protected sex well within the timespan of ovualtion and c) I got the spotting right after I ran. I just don't know what is wrong with me.

I'm 22 years-old, 5'1, 100 pounds and I run daily 2-3 miles. I know delay in period can be caused by excercise, eating habits, lack of sleep (I often go to bed after midnight) and stress (my mother had breast cancer recently but is now in the clear, though I keep obessing if I will get it), so I know there is a chance it is caused by this but I just really wish I knew. Last time my period was delayed like this and I got my period was when I was freshman year of college (looking back though I had nothing to worry about then because I had had protected sex during that cycle).  

Possible but very unlikely all depends on when you ovulate. Stressing can sometimes cause your period to come earlier or later. Ovulation could have accured later causing your period to be late. If it does not continue to come make an appointment with your dr. But i do believe it is just stress related.

NO you can not , i too thought the same thing .. me & my bf are trying to conceive , we had sex on the 27th and on the 28th..later that day on the 28th i got my period. but it only lasted 3 days which i found weird so about 2 week later i took a pregnancy test and it came back negative.. i too have an exact 28 day cycle , my period came on feb 28th then again on march 28th =)