I'm 19 and I had vaginal intercorse for the first time on 02/14/10 we didnt use protection for that time or the following days, but he didnt ejaculate in me. My period was suppose to have arrived on 02/19/10, but it didnt arrive prior or later to that as it usually does. On 02/22/10 I took a pregancy test that came out negative, but that same night i had unprotected intercourse and he ejaculated in me. the next day 02/23/09 I took the day after pill, but now im paranoid thinking im pregnant. I would like to know what are the possibilities of me being pregnant and also what could be the reasons my period is late if thiis is not usual.

Thanks you for your time and responses in advance.

ANY time you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant! Due to you having unprotected sex several times, you could actually be pregnant before you took the Plan B pill and STILL be pregnant! Plan B is 99% effective of stopping conception NOT stopping a pregnancy!

1. When was your last period?
2. Are your eriods usually regular?
3. When was this period due?
4. When do you ovulate?
5. What were the dates of unprotected sex?
6. Was your partner tested for STD's?

I think you might just be pregnant, and taking the test on the 22 is FAR too early for the HCG levels to be high enough to detect! So I can help you further with answering the above questions! IF you aren't pregnant right now, and insist on having unprotected sex it is just a matter of time that you WILL become pregnant! IF this is what you want - which I doubt due to the fact that you took Plan B! Then you need to think about WHY you are having unprotected sex! Also Plan B is NOT to be used for contraception it can rEALLY mess with your hormones and your periods!

I took another pregnancy test friday (02/26/10) it was negative
then I took another yesterday (03/1/10) also negative and one today
(3/2/10) it was also negative

what I am worried about now is that the pill didn't work and I am now
pregnant and it is now to early for the tests to read , because i still
have not gotten my period

(I took the pill exactly 12 Hrs after)

My last period was 01/22/10-01/28/10 and yes my periods are usually regular

My period was due 02/19/10 or somedays around there maybe 22nd

at this time in my cycle I should be fertile starting 2/28/10 aending
3/4/10 with ovulation on 3/05/10

my past ovulation prior to my past expected ovulation date was
02/01/10-02/04/10 with ovulation on 02/05/10

I hope that the information that I am now providing can possibly help
you help me figure out what is going on, because I am truly going crazy

All I can tell you honey IS that because you had unprotected sex several times from Feb 14 onwards! So ANY of these days could be the timer of conception IF it happened! So like I said earlier you have to give it about 21 days - for a really good reading FROM the date of conception - OR possible conception! Plan B is ONLY good for 72 hours after unprotected sex, it does NOT affect if you were already pregnant from before! Even though you have stated about your ovulation times, you can actually ovulate at different times each month! This can be affected by Stress, diet, just a weird month, sexual hormones etc! SO you could have ovulated later that usualy! So under regular circumstances you would have been fertile around the 5th or 6th of Febuary! BUT there is a WHOLE bunch of factors with this! Since you are young and had regular periods, I can rule out PCOS or Endometriosis! So the ONLY thing I can come up with - at this time - is that you ARE pregnant!!! And it is still too early too tell - depending on WHEN and IF you became pregnant! It is not an exact science about ovulation and pregnancy! Thus natural contraception having a 60% effectiveness rate!

It's not that the pill didn't work! It's that it worked BUT only for that one time! It just stops conception THAT moment! Not stopping conception that has already happened! So All I can say honey is for you to wait for about 5 more days - save your monies with the constant testing you will drive yourself nuts! Then take a test OR better yet get a blood test from your docotr - this will be more definitive! Sorry I can't help you further honey! I know you are stressed about it! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! And please let me know how you make out OK? AND make yourself and me a promise to NEVER EVER EVER have unprotected sex again OK? Because you CAN get pregnant at ANYTIME!!! Unless you want to get pregnant!

Thank you sooo much for your response its probably the only kind of understandble and reasonable support!

I tested again today (03/03/10) still negative

Im in pain so i keep on thinking my period is going to come , but nothing still
I called in to get an appt. for a blood test and the soonest i could get is for next week wed. (03/10/10) by then it should be almost a month from anytime i could have gotten pregnant so i think it should be defenitive--- if i do not get my period or get a positive between now and then

I'm still hoping and praying for my period.. I'm soooo scared and confused about actually being pregnant and i knowwwwww I should relax because what happened already happened and at this point there is no could've, should've would've , but I really cant and its messing me up emotionally i really can't take it anymore!

another thing side pain (ovary pain---maybe) is that natural normal? hurts sooo much i cant even sleep on my favorite side to sleep on

Thanks

A dear friend of mines OB/GYN used a kind of gross description of that pain he called it "Dropping an egg" This can be from ovulation! Which would be about right for you right now wouldn't it? BUT And I REALLY mean BUT! IF there is a chance of you being pregnnat and you have intense pain in your pelvic area you HAVE to go to the emergency department immediately! This could be an Etopic Pregnancy! Where the embryo is embedded inside your fallopian tube - NOT in the uterus! This can be deadly, so if the pain gets worse do not wait OK? Also other than the pain, IF you are REALLY stressed out, you can totally affect your periods - you can stop them, make yourself sick, make your body think that you ARE pregnant and get ALL the symptoms of pregnancy! So try and relax OK?

okay great again thanks soo much

ovulation should be sometime around now...does one ovulate while pregnant ?

If i get worst severe pain i will go to emergency room.

pain killers? can i take any?

You don't ovulate when you are pregnant! I just mentioned it JUST incase you aren't! Also it seems ironic that you are having this pain around the same time of your expected ovulation!

Advil is a safe one - as is Tylenol, just keep an eye on the pain OK?

i think im going to go buy some ovulation test .... If I am ovulating then that should mean I am not pregnant right?

I usually do get pain on this side when I ovulate from this side, but this time its a little more intense than usual... goes down my leg as if im pulling a muscle its really weird....

thank you soooooo much

Instead of an ovulation test take a pregnancy test tommorrow morning - 1st urine! IF the pains are different, you HAVE to watch them OK?

:-D :-D :-D :-D

BLOOOOOD :-) Soooo releived! there is blood ! :-)

so I am happy apparently my period finally decided to show up.... now should i still be worried at the possibility of a possible period while pregnant ?

should i still continue testing? ---- should I keep my docs. appointment (next week03/10/10) for a blood pregnancy test just to be sure?

Thankssssss sooooooo much for all your help and your fast reponse :-)

No you're fine1 Your're the 2nd girl tody that got her period and was really worried! So repeat after me! " I will NEVER have unprotected sex EVER!And if my BF doesn't want to wrap it up, he doesn't get to party!!!!!" Good luck and health!