Well I had my period june 18 2012 and it lasted to either june the 22nd or june 23rd . I think my periods are either 28 to 29 days long . I had sex with my boyfriend june 24th and he ejaculated in me . Then wrongly I had sex with an ex june 25th . Even tho he didn't come in me at all . I know for sure its was possible for 2 precums . And he said he was half way to ejaculating twice . Then the 26th and 27th the 30th july 1st 3rd and 4th I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend again . I found out I was 3 weeks and 4 days on july 14th . And july the 26th I went to the clinic and they told me I was 5 weeks and 3 days , but I thought I was 5 weeks and 4 days , so I was off a day . I talked to both men and they know what went dwn. So who is most likely to be my baby father . They said with an ultrasound that my due date march 25 , 2013 . Someone please help!

Hi first,

First off, despite what you are told no test can pinpoint to the day when you conceived.  Like everything in life there is normal variation in sizes.  Doctors generally base dates off of your last menstrual cycle because most women know exactly when that was.

Anyways, 

You had sex on day 6 (24th) of your cycle and he ejaculated.
You had sex on day 7 (25th) of your cycle, no ejaculation, with the "ex."

There is a chance you conceived on either occasion, if you ovulate early.  Normally you would ovulate sometime between days 11-16 of your cycle.   Sperm can survive up to about 5 days.

You also had sex on days 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, and the 17th of your cycle.  I assume he ejaculated these times. 

Each of these dates offers a better chance of pregnancy, with the 13th and 15th probably nearer your peak fertility.

I'd like to say definitely that it is your boyfriends but I can't.  I do strongly believe it is his child.  Unfortunately you'll need a DNA test to be 100% positive.

Hope it helps.

How close are ultrasounds to determining conception dates? I'm going through something similar. Last know was 03/9/12 light period, was with an ex only 02/10 and 02/13 missed period in February but normal since I tend to skip months Anyways. Anyways first ultrasound on second trimester put me five days ahead from what I was to be and so did My 20 wk scan. I'm measuring 21 wks 2 days but based on lmp if it was actual period I should be 20 wks 3 days. Also I took a pregnancy test after I was with the ex 2.5-3 weeks after and it came negative and a few days later had my "period"which was earlier than expected on 03/9/12. Last one before March was in 01/21/12. According to u/s if it's my bf's I conceived on 03/18/12 which is too soon after period. If it was ex's I assume I should be around 24 wks what are the chances it's the ex?

Hi Starrr,

One problem is that just because you had sex, you don't automatically get pregnant that same day. It can be 3-5 days, even longer afterwards. Sperm can survive about 5 days.

If you had a period AFTER you were with your ex then it is unlikely he is the father. That and the negative home test say you weren't pregnant then.

21 weeks and 2 days puts you at about March 4. That's within the margin of error. Most doctors base dates off of your LMP.

March 18 is not out of the margin either and it's possible it was around then that you conceived.

If you are positive that you had a period back on March 9, and that you performed the home test "as per directions" then it is likely that your boyfriend is the father.

Only a DNA test can say for certain.

Yes I'm certain I had a period although a little light March 9th and I took the pregnancy test with my first morning urine. Could be possible that I didn't conceive until March 4th From being with my ex on February 13th? March 18th matches as a possible conception date to the number weeks I am now but that's only 5-6 days after my period isn't that soon? I'm mostly concerned because I'm measuring 5 days ahead of what I'm supposed to be at both of my ultrasounds. Wondering if she can actually be measuring behind if it was my ex baby since if was his I should be around 24 wks and I'm 21 wks 2 days as of today.

From Feb 13th to Mar 4, no. It's too long of a time.

5-6 days after your period is a definite possibility. Remember, sperm can survive in your vagina. You'd normally ovulate between days 11-16, 9 days is within the margin of error.

5 days on an ultrasound is insignificant. Remember, everyone develops differently.

It was, had to be, after your last period that you got pregnant.

I thought so too that to conceive on the 4th was way to far off I was with the ex on Feb 13th. So should I rest assured the chances of the ex being the father are slim? I was worrying that the ultrasound is off or something and the baby is measuring is small or something but she's actually measuring 5 days ahead of what she's supposed to according to my last period. I was worried the ultrasound was off and I'm like 24 wks or more and it's saying I'm 21 wks 2 days. I've heard so many stories about them being off I guess it's playing with my head especially the possibility me conceiving on Feb 28th or March 4th from being with the ex Feb 13th so stressful!

Starrr, the 4th of March is most definitely to long of a time.

It is more likely that your bf is the father.

Thanks I guess I over analyze everything sometimes.

Sorry but was wondering if February 28th can actually be a possible conception date after I was with my ex? It's two after I was last with him. Would that make sense?

No on Feb 28th.

Any date before your last period in March is out and two weeks after having sex is too long.

You don't have a period if you're pregnant although there may be some bleeding.

I guess my period is something I just have to bring up with the doctor as from what I read some woman experience implantation bleeding while their pregnant...but from what your saying two weeks is too far off for conception from the 13th so I'm assuming my light period couldn't have been implantation bleeding.

Implantation bleeding is normally the week before your period is due.

It's very light, no pad needed. Just light spotting.

Well it was light but I definitely needed a pad and my period was early or I suppose late since I didn't get one in February. Last one was in January 21st missed February then got one in March 9th but like I have mentioned my periods are irregular and it's not uncommon for me to skip a month.

So medic-dan you saying that its a strong chance that its my boyfriend baby ? And what cause early ovulation , and is it likely?