Hi, my father is 67 years old. Somebody has told him that he will feel loss memory effects from dementia. I think he has heard that story in some club for the old people. Now every time he forget something he feel depressive. Please could somebody tell me something about dementia memory effects?

Well, this disorder really is possible but he should now that one of five people over 65 years of age has this condition. There are several causes, but the commonest is Alzheimer's disease. At first memory loss may go unrecognized or may be ascribed to benign forgetfulness. Slowly the cognitive problems begin to interfere with daily activities, such as keeping track of finances, following instructions on the job, driving, shopping and housekeeping. Some patients are unaware of these difficulties and others have considerable insight, resulting in frustration and anxiety.