i do masturbation sinsce puberty.what is the effect of this habit on prostate and testes?

Why do you ask? Are you experiencing any problems?

I have been also masturbating since puberty (started at 13ys). Now I am 30 and I still do it. It is said that having regular orgasms keep the prostate healthy and reduce the risks of prostate cancer.

What’s bothering you?

hello yes ive been masturbating since the age of 14 and starded smoking pot at 17 and im now 20 when i would masturbate it would be sometimes 5 times a day or when I had free time or could get it up and when i started smoking pot i noticed bad symptoms such as my penis started to shring along with my right testicle I ignored it and continued with my habit now ive been having problems with hair loss pelvic pains,stomach pains bladder problems neck pains off and on headaches my scrotun has serousily shrunk and ive been having penis and testicle pains ive done some research about young people who over masturbate and how it messes up your hormone growth and gives you low testosterone i would go to the doctor to get it checked out but I have no insurance and very scared on the bad news im going to get what should i do and is there any hope of me having kids

[am now 50 years old and i masturbate 4 or 5 times a week . few months ago and until now , i noticed that when i ejaculate semen that comes so thin and volume is very less than before.

this normal ? I had a prostate test and the results were total PSA 2.8 and CPSA is 2.6 . Are the test results very high ?

Pls give me some advice on what to do.

Can i use some herbal or the fruit Pomegranate-Granada as my herbal medications ?

i have been feeling symtoms of malaria fever since last week, i consulted a pharmacists and he gave me an anti malarial tabs which i took but yet still i am feeling the fever. Therefore is it adviseable to take injection ?

Hi, It is normal for men to have low levels of PSA in their blood; however, prostate cancer or benign (not cancerous) conditions can increase PSA levels. As men age, both benign prostate conditions and prostate cancer become more frequent. The most common benign prostate conditions are prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) (enlargement of the prostate). There is no evidence that prostatitis or BPH causes cancer, but it is possible for a man to have one or both of these conditions and to develop prostate cancer as well.

PSA levels alone do not give doctors enough information to distinguish between benign prostate conditions and cancer. However, the doctor will take the result of the PSA test into account when deciding whether to check further for signs of prostate cancer. Before jumping to any conclusions, you should know that masterbating once, or twice a day is good for the prostate, it prevents cancer. however too much can cause damage to the testes.
msg me on ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

can damage be fixed or treated.

You are rt,I have the exactly same problems. My testosterone is below normal. Scrotum has shrunk. I lost everythng. People say masturbation doesnt cause any harm. But it will.

i have been masturbating since 12 and dont think any of the problems
mentioned here should be a concern, many medical studies say it hasn't been proved that damage can be done...

I disagree I think that masturbation does cause problems. I have been masturbating since I was twelve and now I'm 38 and have had several bouts with prostatitis and many other urinary problems. Prolonged masturbation has to put a strain on the prostate and the seminal vesicles. They have always said that masturbation is good for you but its after I masturbate too much ( 5-7 times a week when I'm not in a relationship) tht I get an inflamed prostate. I am just having a hard time figuring out what is the cause of my inflamation other than masturbation.

Hi Dr.Q!

Thanks for weighing in on these important topics.

Normally we don't allow emails on this board, but since you appear to be a professional, and you are inviting contact if there are further questions, I'll let it stand.

Thanks again for answering these questions.

I stopped masturbating for a whole month. My prostate felt swollen, constipated, and I was irritable. I tried masturbating again, but nothing came out! After several extreme climaxes, it finally came out. However, the semen was not fluid. It was in hard chunks, like tapioca pudding. Not good.

However, I do believe it is possible to overexert your prostate and cause scar tissue to form inside. Like any muscle, if you pull it too hard, you'll injure it. So, please do it in moderation. Everyone has different ejaculatory needs. I make sure I ejaculate 1-2 times per week. Every day is too much.

hi all i m now 23 and i use to masturbating from 14. i usually masturbate 2-3 times a week but now before 2 months i use to masturbating 6-7 times in a week. now i feel a little pain in my right egg. and neck pain also. what masturbating caused it. if yes , i leave masturbating from now it will be ok or i need to be checked out plz help

I am now 69 going on 70 and have been masturbating about 3 or 4 times a week throughout my life since starting at 13, although this frequency has been less during times when I have been in relationships. At no time have I suffered any ill effects. I now have a moderately enlarged prostate, and my pee is sometimes slower than normal, though after I have masturbated and ejaculated the flow returns to what it was when I was young. I still produce a good volume of thick semen, as much as in my younger days, which sometimes squirts out hard and sometimes just floods out. The only thing I do find is that my erection is not as instant and hard as it used to be, though if I am really turned on say by some good porn or with a really lovely woman it is more like the old days. In my teens and early twenties before I married I used to pull myself off pretty well every day, and sometimes up to 4 times a day with no ill effects.

Consider that *over* masturbation can cause health problems, and conversely, zero sexual activity over a prolonged period of time can also lead to health problems.

Excessive masturbation:

- can deplete necessary hormones, without giving time for body to replenish
- excessive/over use can lead to inflammation
- increases chances of foreign contaminants entering/infecting body (masturbation can be messy/dirty)

Like almost everything in life, moderation is the key.