Do you think that something like early dementia exists at all for that is what I am afraid my son has problem with. He is only 34 but a decade ago he had some mild car accident and he injured his head but he got recovered as the docs have said. But I was watching him and I know ever since this happened he had memory and organizing troubles and now to me it looks like early dementia condition. Few days ago he forget where he parked his car and the other day he was searching for the car keys for hours and the same day after he forget where he was about to drive to. Do you think those are the signs of early dementia and how I could help him? Thanks!

It is very possible that your son had some serious brain cells damages that followed this car accident and though the dementia conditions are usually connected with aging there are some cases of early dementia whether it was triggered by Alzheimer's disease or by some other condition such as vascular problems and so on. Also head injury might have caused this early dementia in your son especially if he was on some heavy drugs treatment that has had this dementia condition as one of the drugs side effects. So my advice would be to check this condition with his doc again and if necessary he should be prescribed some Alzheimer's or Parkinson's meds for they are usually prescribed in most of dementia cases and also he should try with behavioral and cognitive rehab therapies for that's for sure those therapies could effectively reduce the symptoms of dementia so it is always better start with this treatment as fast as possible for the progress rate in early dementia is very fast.