I've read on various websites for "crunchy" people that making your own soap is quite easy. I am a bit intimidated, knowing that I will probably have to use lye, which requires absolutely meticulous measuring. I'd love to have my own heavenly smelling soap though, so I imagine I will get my courage together and give it a try. What are your favourite herbs for soap making?

I have been buying freshly made soap for years now. I have never made my own, because I am not the type of person who is good with her hands :). Still, I thought this could be helpful. The soaps that I buy generally have something with "bits" so that you can use the soap as a scrub too. This can be oatmeal, coffee particles or something similar. Lavender, lemongrass, gloves and mint are all favorites of mine in soap too. Olive oil makes a wonderfully soft soap.