hello! After terrible pain I have been feeling in my mouth, I went to a dentist and he had to extract my teeth. However, it has been 4 days after the extraction and I am experiencing horrible taste in my mouth. Any ideas what this could be? Thx

Hello. I know what you are dealing with. 5 days after a permanent tooth replacement, this ugly smell was really strong so I really didn't want to leave the home. I was ashamed. No matter what I did, there was no help for me. I also had a metallic taste in my mouth, so that is when I realized that this was causing this ugly smell. My gums were really sensitive and they were bleeding all the time. I was washing it with warm salt water, gently. It was painful, for sure, but it has helped me a lot. Try it. 

Hi there! I think you may have an infections or tissue damage. At least that was my case when I had a similar problem. You should better go to your dentist again before this infection spreads. The bacteria may reach your bone, and that can lead to many troubles. You will be probably be given some antibiotics or they may drain any fluid or remove any damaged tissue. I hope it won’t go too far! Good luck!

AAHHHHHH!!! I wish I knew what this was...8 days ago I had all 4 wisdom theeth removed. (the bottom two were impacted) Now, my stiches have discinegrated and I have this horrible (almost) discharge like stuff coming from the back left extraction site. Its thie only pain I have left, and it throbs and feels a terrible tooth ache. I dont mind the pain, but the taste is awful. I have been surching the internet for days. Has anyone experienced this before??? :'(

Earlier today i noticed a disgusting taste in my mouth, almost the same taste as i would imagine that a yeast infection smells like, a few days after I had my wisdom teeth removed. I also noticed that I was beginging to develop an actual yeast infection. I almost shrugged these two symptoms off to see if they would go away but by the end of the night the taste was so bad i had to find out what was happening. Im almost positive my antibiotics have caused these problems. Im just relieved to hear someone else experienced this.

Okay, so here's the deal.

I just got all four of my wisdom teeth cut out a week ago. About three of four days ago, it started tasting like something crawled in my mouth, took a c**p, and died. So I went back to my oral surgeon, and they told me that saliva gets in the hole where the tooth used to be and stagnates. (Basically, it sits there in the heat of your mouth, and turns into a horrible stink pit.) They gave me this little syringe with a hooked end to irrigate the holes. You fill it with watered down mouthwash and put the hooked end a little bit into the hole (Not too far, you don't want put it in too far though). Squirt it in there hard to make sure your getting stuff out.

You should make an appointment with your oral surgeon, and he will tell you all this. Just be at peace knowing that you are not alone, and it will go away almost instantly after you irrigate it.

you can also irrigate the area with a gentle warm salt water rinse - 1/4 tbsp salt in 8oz hot water kills bacteria/soothes pain and after 3 or 4 sip/swish/spit repetitions the taste/smell is gone and your mouth feels clean (seems safer than artificially flavored mouthwash in a fresh wound)...

To me it sounds like a dry socket, or maybe that's just because I had two of them. Dry socket is when the blood clot is lost too soon, which occurs more often in women than men but can happen to anyone. The typical symptoms are increased pain in the area that doesn't seem to get better with medication, a bad taste or smell coming from the removal area, and sometimes you can actually see the bone. Make an appointment with your oral surgeon or dentist- they'll put a medicated gauze or paste in the site which will make it feel (and smell, and taste) better. He/She will probably also give you a syringe with a plastic tip already attached to help clean the area out. Basically the bad smell/taste is food particles, water, and air mixing, which is just as gross as it sounds.

my mouth is doin the same thing !!! its such a bad taste

Hi i have had my back tooth number 19 pulled maybe the 3rd or 4th day terrible smell,nasty taste comes out almost all day until i used warm salty water let it sit for about 4 minutes do this like twice back to back it will smell/taste much better but keep in mind contact your dentist to be sure it's no infection.Ill keep everyone posted on my situation once i return to the dentist in a couple Days.

same thing is going on with me! i had the bottom right wisdom tooth taken out 4 days ago and now this brown stinky HORRIBLE tasting c**p is coming out of it. my dentist gave me this mouth wash to help keep it sanatized but it's just not working. the mouth wash is called chorhexidine gluconate.

i have a dentist app. scheduled today! i will find out whats going on and post it to maybe help some of yall out! hopefully its just an easy fix and not dry socket!!!!

I had my wisdom tooth took out last Tues and it is Sun night. I have this nasty taste in my mouth where it was taking out. The gum around there also hurts but in between the other teeth. I have had 3 other wisdom teeth taking out and another molar and none of them had this. What is going on?

I just got my wisdom teeth out last Wednesday and I'm having the same problem. My bottom right side tastes awful, there's a big exposed hole and even though I'm rinsing with salt water and cleaning it out with a homemade syringe (my surgeon didn't give me one), the taste keeps coming back.

me too!!! i had to come looking for an answer cus i've brushed my teeth 5 times today and its not getting better.must try rinsing it with salt water though

Part of it is the bacteria that builds up on your tongue.
It helped me a lot when I got a tongue scraper..it's nasty what you get out of your mouth every night.
Drink a tooooon of water.
And irrigate the holes.. with water of course. Flood out any excess food after meals.