ok i have only on one side of my throat white creamy pus. And only that one side of my throat is swollen and it's hard to swollow. is this something to worry about?

I have that same problem now.

i have the same problem - fooking hurts dosent it ? ayny ideas

Nothing to worry about, go to your doctor and he should prescribe you some penicillin, make sure you complete the dose even if you think the problem has gone

I gotta weird one. There are these little things my wife and i call "Choats". Thats short and backward for "throat chunks". We dont know what to call them other than that. They are small, whitish, stinky, chunks of pus that dislodge from the throat after drinking a lot of water. Because we are gross, and she is a nurse, we spit them up and look at them.

I have had a sore throat for a few days so today i grab a light and look into my throat and what do i see? In the tonsil cavity to the right of my hanging soft palate are a bunch of choats, nestled like eggs in my tonsil. so i took my finger and pushed on the edge of my tonsil, almost like popping a zit, and about 6 of these things popped out. they look like little mini caper sized heads of broccoli, and stink like halitosis.

Over the next half hour these continued to pop out into the back of my mouth as i would drink water. I spit them all out, some were surrounded by slightly reddish saliva, like bloody.

I rinsed with warm salt water, drank a bunch of cold water and hot tea, and im hoping this will go away!!!

To the guy above.

Those are actually called tonsil stones. (Tonsillolith)
More common than you think and cause
halitosis.

My goodness! I have the same thing! On the left side of my throat in this honeycomb-like structure of abscesses I have these nodules of white chunky pus that taste really bad and smell even worse! Every time I swallow I can feel and taste them and I cannot always remove them with a Q-tip. On Monday I'm going to make a doctor's appt. to see what can be done about them. I think it may be some low-grade infection or possibly an allergic reaction. Hopefully penicillin will work?

I just had my throat checked...turned out that i had pus in my glads...so if u still have ur tonsils see a EAR, NOSE, and THROAT doctor...he will hit u with some novakane...then take another needle and suck out the puss...ull start to notice the pain go away after about 10 minutes or so...its pretty painful but just stick it out...i had to get put to sleep so he could fully do it...but he said this way i only had a 15 percent chance of it ever coming back

I had severe asthma from the age of two until 30. At 30, I determined that I had a yeast overgrowth. I no longer have asthma, but I still get stuff in my throat. I use to feel like I had food stuck in my throat. I dreaded having to take any type of pill. I can now swallow 3 or 4 vitamins at onetime w/o flinching. I have done mega research and have been healing myself for the last two years.

Do some research on candida. There is tons of info online.
There are many available supplemets which may help. I am going to look online to see what I find. I will cut and paste some information on this page in a bit.

Hang in there!!

you didn't get charged for or needed med insurance?i have no money or insurance so I'm looking for some charity i know but even so they'll just take the pus out just like that?no more disgusting taste?and is it normal for this kind of thing to drive some one insane or make them manically depressed or is it the quarantine and sleep deprivation I'm under?

I have had these white chunks for some years now, they come and go, I find the best way to deal with them is an oral irrigator (Oral B has a good one). Use the normal irrigation tip in the kit, put the water pressure on medium, stick the tip directly into the little cave in the tonsil area where the chunks form, then release the water into it, those things are sure to be flushed out. Saved me a trip to the doc, and not having insurance this is easier. 12$ for the irrigator, 2 minutes for the flushing. Good luck!

i had the same thing..but i had mono(the kissing disease) but i didnt get it from kissing bcuz i hadnt been kissin anyone. i got it from a water fountain. i had a sore throat, pus in my throat, hard to swallow and it was swollen, weight loss, fatigue and loss of appitite.

Hiya, thats because you had Quinsy, not simple tonsilitis

Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard as I read this...now have a name for them! They are SO DISGUSTING, they stink so bad. Couldn't have described them better myself. I've gargled with salt water, etc. to no avail. Did you have to get antibiotics eventually?

I am on Amoxacyllin and it isn't helping them at all! I'm gonna try the Throat irrigator....These things hurt so badly!