These bumps are very small,on the underside of my lip, and are pretty much the same color as the rest of the underside of my lip. They dont hurt and if they did i probably wouldn't be able to feel it because they are so small. However, i thought maybe if i brushed my teeth even more and scrubbed them with my tooth brush they might go away. However, they did not, in fact they increased in size slightly. They are still small, but im scared. I dont know what they may be. Please help.

Hi CM: So the spots are pink right? Yeah - like you unfortunately found out - it's never a good idea to aggravate a bump. Kind of like poking a bear! ;-D. There are MANY reasons why we get bumps in our mouth, too much salt, too much citric acid (such as sour candy), herpes (like canker sores), cleansing (as in fasting cleanse), OR if you are orally sexually active, then it could be herpes! If the latter doesn't apply, the best thing to use is an oral rinse - like Scope, Listerine, etc. Or the good old remedy of 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide to a glass of warm water and swill your mouth with it and spit it out - DON'T Swallow the mixture. Also the same idea using salt! It will sting, but that is the "antibacterial" reaction to the bumps. Also anything cool, like ice water etc. will bring down the inflamation. Also if you have been unwell recently, it could be a type of thrush - that babies get. it's like an infection - but usually that is white. If it could be from oral sex, PLEASE go to your doctor! Good luck!