HAD A HEMORRHOID BANDED ON TUESDAY. IT IS NOW SUNDAY. THOUGH DISCOMFORT HAS LESSEN, AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH BOWEL MOVEMENTS. MY DIET IS AS HIGH FIBER AS YOU CAN GET--INCREASED INTAKE OF FRUITS, VEGETABLES, BROWN RICE, BEANS, ETC. ONLY MOVING BOWELS EVERY TWO DAYS, WHICH IS NOT NORMAL FOR ME. WHEN I DO GO, IT SEEMS DIFFICULT TO GO, BUT IS EXTREMELY LOOSE AND STILL HURTS. IS THIS NORMAL? HAVE NOT HAD ANY BLEEDING, EXCEPT VERY SMALL AMOUNT WITH BOWEL MOVEMENT. SOMEBODY FILL ME IN, PLEASE!

I'm in the same situation as the poster above... if the poster reads this I would love to know their outcome...

thx

I am in the same boat YIKES! Had 5 bands put on 3 internal hemroids on Friday, it's Sunday and I soooooooooooo fear my 1st bowel movement. The pressure and pain is still very real, but it has only been 2 days. Like to hear of your out come. Thanks

:( I am in the same boat,TOO.) I had 2 of 3 internal hem. banded on Wed. last week and today is Sunday. I am having heavy bleeding with bowel movements with no straining, if it keeps up I will call Dr. tomorrow. I can't get into and out of the tub for sitz baths as was prescribed (knee problems) so I am using a heating pad to sit on! I hope it helps. So, all I can offer is sympathy.
Thank's for any replies and suggestions.
BonnieB

I had one done on Weds...and today I had bleeding...it was a 2+ grade and I am a bit freaked out...how did it turn out for you, bbernstein?

I hope all is ok for you!

Scaredsilly

o.O It's been 7 days since mine and he only did one side. I'm not going back for the rest. No friggin' way!! I had a colonoscopy 5 years ago and he burned them out then. This time he said the banding is better. Yeah right!! I was recovered in at least 5 days the last time. I can't pass anything, (I think I've pulled my face off a few times trying not to yell) it's hard to urinate and even my tailbone hurts. Stool softeners make you cramp (I don't care what the box says), I drink lots of water and eat my veggies. I see no one has any solutions as of yet except to wait it out, I just found a place to rant. I'm completely uncomfortable and will never have the procedure again unless I'm bleeding to death. Man, even sneezing hurts!!!! This sux!!!

MILK OF MAGNESIUM is a laxative without a stimulant in it. It tastes awful but it works!

I have had the banding done on Monday the 27th of October, the Doc said go back to work as usual.
I had asked what do I do for pain? He said take tylenol or advil and that should help. He sent me home with out a RX. I was unsure since I had read earlier that antibiotics would be prescribed for the proceedure. I haven't been able to work properly at home like I should and help my family as they need me to help them. I missed out on the Trick or Treating for my littlest girl. I was sad about that, couldn't walk everywhere. Then the pain when a bowel movement hits is horrible. Bleeding occurs and itching and burning and then I use a sitz bath with Epsom salts in the warmest water I can stand. I have used the cool gel preparation H and that seemed to help somewhat but not all together. I have also learned I can sit for a limited time and then need to kegal. It seems to help with the pain, also need to know if you all have felt the same way? I have used left over pain med from a kidney stone operation of Ibuprofen 800mgs and that seems to help. but can only take it every 8 hours, OH yeah! Anyway I am calling the Doc tomorrow to find out if he can help me out any further with this pain.
The pain occurs more in the morning, and right before I go to bed to sleep. I wish it would just go away all together.
Wishing you all well. I hope this helps and maybe you too can get an antibiotic to keep you from getting any infections ....checking tomorrow to see if I can get one.
I will post again. to let you know what Doc says.

I have heard their is a new technology from Europe, I thinks it's called THD I found the website on google www.thdamerica.com. I'm gonna call my dr. and ask him about it. Looks good.

Today is Friday , I had the banding on wed and I feel Ok . I had 3 hem Banded at 3'o clock 7'o clock and 11'o clock .( That's what the doctor put down on release form) .I was given general anesthesia and did not know what happened. The nurse came and said you can go . You feel that something is there in your behind but it was OK. I was ordered to take fiber and drink alot . I have had BM every morning since the operation and the first time I was worried that all will burst out, but it was not too bad . A little stinging but it passed.
My Doctor told me that the hemorrhoids will now start to shrink due to the circulation being cut from them and the Hemorrhoid will dry out . Later on the rubber bands will come out with BM . I hope all goes well.Looks Ok and getting better

WELL, LET ME TELL YOU GUYS MY STORY, I'VE HAD ABOUT 10 BANDINGS AND JUST WENT FOR A CHECK UP AND THE DR. FOUND TWO MORE. YES THIS IS A PAINFUL PROCEDURE THAT ONLINE INFORMATION TELLS US YOU CAN RETURN BACK TO NORMAL ACTIVITY EITHER THE SAME DAY OR THE NEXT. THAT'S A BUNCH OF GARBAGE, ONE TIME I CRIED FOR I KNOW A HOUR OR MORE, NOTHING HELPS EASE THE PAIN EXCEPT ABOUT 3 ALEIVE'S THEN YOU ARE SO SLEEPY YOU MAY AS WELL FORGET THE REST OF THAT DAY. I FEEL THAT THEY SHOULD GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO NUM THE AREA AT LEAST. THEN WHEN THE PAIN COMES DOWN YOU CAN GET A JUMP START ON IT AND MAYBE IT WON'T BE SO BAD. YES, I'M STILL BLEEDING BUT I'M NOT IN PAIN. THAT KIND OF PAIN IT'S LIKE A BAD TOOTH ACHE AND CRAMPS AT THE SAME TIME.

sweet Jesus, I am horrified and heartened to find you kindred spirits. Percoset, oxy, any pain killer to chase it away, advil (anti-enflam), sits baths. how much longer must I suffer. Been 1 week today? AHHHHHHHh. how have you people with no pain pills done it? Peace from€Pain

Ugh i know what your feeling, I'm new here but my god I hate having hemorrhoids, I have the thrombosed kind. I did the banding once and said never again. I sure hope you find relief o a cure as i am still searching for one myself and i will not do surgery. I'll keep suffering before I do sugery because I know that will not take the hemorrhoids away.

I wish I'd have read all of this before doing it. omg I feel like someone is repeatedly striking me with a bat. I wish I could go back 3 hours and change my mind. I only had ONE done! He asked if I wanted him to do the others and I immediately hesitated and then went for a "NO" to that. I will never do this again. I am really angry that I did it because I only suffered with periodic heavy bleeding - rarely any pain or itching. I'm so bummed that there is no hope for the pain to be residing any time soon...yikes.

I posted above and have to say that today is a completely different story. I have very little (almost none) discomfort and yesterday I did take some vicodon that completely wiped out any pain that I did have. I would recommend having the vicodon in your system or immediately available if you are going to get this done. I had to wait for hubby to get home and then drive into town to fill the prescription - I was in no condition to do it right after the procedure. I haven't had a "normal" BM but I'm not constipated yet either. Only took 2 doses of vicodon...and haven't needed it at all today. Drinking prune juice to help with side effects and used a sitz bath (the toilet kind) yesterday. That helped.