11 days ago I had a rubber band ligation on two large internal hemmroids. I still feel pressure and feel the need to have a bowel movement often. I am also having many more bowel movemnets then usual . IS all of this usual?

I will be getting same treatment in a few days. How did the procedure go for you? Did it hurt?

Guest wrote:

I had rubber band ligation over a year ago (Jan. 2006) and I am still having a lot of pain. It especially hurts after a BM. I do feel like I go to the bathroom more often. I wonder if this pain will ever go away. The doctor said there is no tearing or perforations so she couldn't even help me.

Tinkerbelle wrote:

Not at all. you only feel a little bit uncomfortable. However if you had a 3rd or 4th dregree, it may not work. Good luck

I had the rubber band ligation 3 years ago and so far no babies. I am concerned now because when I got the surgery my Dr said they only guarantee it for 3 years. My current Dr told me that as far as he was concerned, I can't have anymore children. He said the guarantee level is the same as the other tubal surgeries. When I think about the fact that the only think keeping me from getting pregnant is a rubber band wrapped around my tube, it doesn't seem very reliable. Has any one gotten pregnant since having the surgery?

Guest wrote:

I just got my first banding today. Actually a couple hours ago. It is the worst feeling to feel like you have to have a BM constantly. I do have to say that now after its done it is only uncomfortable most of the time but when I had it done it kinda hurt. But hey I guess everyone is different right. :? :?

>:( Don't you belive it! I got banded today around six pm and I'm still hurting bad and it's 12:30am. I've had four bowel movements in six hours and it still feels like i have to go. I also have severe pain in my testicles. I went to the doc for abdominal pain and ended up like this.

I just had the rubber band technique done today about 3 hours ago on a small internal hemorrhoid. Its like this throbbing sharp pain and feels like its not getting better. I hope it feels better tomorrow when I wake up!

I had my first rubber band treatment today at 12 pm...its now 8 pm, the pain is getting much better, thank God! After I had it done it was painful but when I got home I had to have a bowel movement, after that the pain was horrible, I vowed I wouldnt go for my next treatment... Hope that next time I go to the bathroom the pain doesnt come back.... Good luck to all!!!! :oops:

I feel unduly lucky as I had the procedure carried out just 5 days ago and although the initial pain was offset by excellent sedation and long periods of rest, face down, I am happy to announce that the haemorrhoids disappeared this morning with only minor spotting of blood. One thing I did do was to increase the amount of fluids I took and I believe this has helped. I'm already on a low fat, organic diet for a different medical condition. I notice that many of these posts are quite old now and I hope you have all overcome the pain associated with this procedure and that you are all enjoying better health. :-)

Hello, I had the RBL procedure carried out at 8 pm. It is 2 am and... I can't sleep :-( I just felt uncomfortable during the 2 hours following the operation. Then I went asleep. Finally I woke up around midnight and the pain has significantly increased. I hope it is not a first sign of complication. And I especially hope that the result will be worth the pain. Why did the doc tell me that at worst I would feel a little discomfort in the evening??? Liar!!! At least, I found some compassion reading the previous posts and I hope that the following readers will feel less isolated in the pain reading this message. (Sorry for my English, I'm a French haemorrhoids holder :-P )

Take some pain killers and go sit in a deep HOT bath and lay down in it so the water is over your stomach. The pain should go away after a while but you need to keep the bath VERY HOT !!

I had my first RBL and at first the band was too close to the pain sensors so I was in pain. The Dr removed that band right away & put a new band on another hemmy which was a lot less painful and I drove home though a little sore. For me, the procedure was on a TH night and I had to take Fri & Mon off work as I was in a good amount of pain :'( It took until 9 days for the hemmy to final fall off and I did get in infection which is why I was in some pain after Mon.

Anyone who gets this procedure so do the following:
1-Having someone drive you or have a pillow on the seat for the ride home.
2-Have Epsom salt at home for baths
3-Clean the bathtub prior to appointment
4-Have plenty of food at home as you won't feel like driving to get food
5-Have procedure done either late TH night and take Friday off work or have appointment on Fri morning & take whole day off
6-Let your boss know your having procedure done and depending on pain you may take an extra day off & work from home (if you have that type of job)
7-If right after band is put on you feel anything more then just pressure tell you Dr as the band maybe to close to the pain sensors
8-If after the procedure whether a day or 5 days later you have pain in another area in the groin (call your Dr to have a follow-up appointment)

I also had the rubber band ligation done on two small hemmorhoids of mine two days ago. While the procedure was relatively painless, for the following two hours after the surgery I was very uncomfortable. When I got home and took painkillers things started to get much better. Also, since I had the surgery I have been having lots of lower abdomimal cramps, and I am always passing gas which can be uncomfortable. I found pepto bismol helped relieve this. I could not sleep at all about 12 hours after the procedure, and at that point, the pressure was extremely painful. I had to skip work the next day and slept from 9AM-3PM. So much for the doctor saying many people may return the next day. When I woke up I felt 100% better which was a relief.

I also made my first bowel movement a few hours ago. There was a good amount of blood in the stool, but I have heard this is normal. I was surprised that my doctor also made the recovery seem like nothing, when in fact it at times can be extremely uncomfortable. I also had two rubber bands done, and also a freezing of a smaller one. I did not see the bands in my poop, but hopefully they will come soon. At least that feeling of having to poop all the time and pressure is gone and hopefully won't come back (knock on wood). Oh and im 21 btw.