I am confused. I am going to have a spincherotomy done tomorrow morning, along with a colonospocy (IF I can tolerate the prep). I have something that feels like its sliding in and out when I have a movement and it hurts like all get out and making the fissure hurt even more. My Dr said it can either be a papilla or maybe a hemorhoid. He said depending on the size, they may band it.

The Dr and his nurse both told me that internal banding is not the painful procedure that hemoroidectomy is, yet I still am reading people here that say the've been banded and are still having this hellish pain. They didnt say it WASN'T painful, but the nurse said there is a BIG difference. I dont think I could handle all those surgeries at once but I can't go on in the kind of pain I am in with this fissure. Any one ever had both done at once? Any helpful advise? Anyone try to do a bowel prep with a fissure? Sorry for all the questions at once.

Banding is very different than what a hemorrhoidectomy is so it sounds to me like you might be getting that procedure. Does that help at least a little bit?

Ok here's the jist of it. I've had 2 internal bandings (three heamorrohoids the first time an one the second time) and it can be quite painful it all depends on where the heamorrhoids are and it sounds like to me they are popping out everytime you have a BM Correct? It might be different for females, but after both of my procedures i was in a lot of discomfort NOT pain.

It felt like i needed to pee. You know the feeling when you are busting to go for a pee and there is no toilet, well mutiply that by ten. All you want to do is pee but you can't because you might make the bandings pop off and you don't want that. The best thing to do is take some pain meds with you (over the counter ones will do the trick eg: panadol or something like that) and take them as soon as you leave the docs office. Then go home and run a bath (bloody hot one at that) and sit in it and make sure the level of the water is over your tummy and sit and float till the pain goes DO NOT PUSH TO PEE let it come out naturally it will take a while but it will happen and don't drink coffee after it it will just makes things worse . This is the best method that i've found and i hope it works.

Cheers