HAD A HEMORRHOID BANDED ON TUESDAY. IT IS NOW SUNDAY. THOUGH DISCOMFORT HAS LESSEN, AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH BOWEL MOVEMENTS. MY DIET IS AS HIGH FIBER AS YOU CAN GET--INCREASED INTAKE OF FRUITS, VEGETABLES, BROWN RICE, BEANS, ETC. ONLY MOVING BOWELS EVERY TWO DAYS, WHICH IS NOT NORMAL FOR ME. WHEN I DO GO, IT SEEMS DIFFICULT TO GO, BUT IS EXTREMELY LOOSE AND STILL HURTS. IS THIS NORMAL? HAVE NOT HAD ANY BLEEDING, EXCEPT VERY SMALL AMOUNT WITH BOWEL MOVEMENT. SOMEBODY FILL ME IN, PLEASE!

You need to increase your water...by double..High fiber diets can be harmfull if you dont increase your water..

Hi, I just had 3 hemorrhoids banded (grade 3) and 3 polyps removed..CANT FIX FISSURE AT THIS TIME.... WOW.. with all the research I had done about this procedure..wasnt concerned about recovery time.... WRONG THING TO DO...
Day 5 and I am still in agony... When I left the hospital, I mentioned that my rear end HURT..like scale of 0-10 it was like an 8 (rather give birth) Dr's and nurses said thats OK...take a couple tylenol and have a warm bath..here is some local anesthetic to help with the pain.. so home we went......
I came home in tears and told my husband to seriously kill me....put me out of my misery...pls pls pls... Tylenol are not helping at all now and the freezing has come out....
I went back the next morning to the ER...still in tears.. DR comes in.....ANOTHER INTERNAL.... I freaked...told him to get the hell out of there and give me pain killers...NOW.....
He says that for my age (31) that this is one of the worse cases he has seen... Cant understand why they sent me home.
So he gives me a script for percocet, exlax and a topical anesthetic for down there.
I have never experienced soooo much pain in all my life.. still feeling it like almost a week later.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL FUTURE PATIENTS..

That's right keep up 2lts of water a day and after a couple of days everything should go back to normal. If you weren't on a high fibre diet before take not that it will yake a couple of days to make everything move again. If you feel a bit blocked up have some Licorice or have some chick peas both are good alternatives to pills and thye will get things moving.

What you should be doing is this:

Breakfast : Some oats/fruit/nuts (a good muslie with no added sugar).
Lunch : Left overs form last night dinner.
Dinner : Some good steamed Veggies (NO MEAT !!!!) as the meat will block you up and so will WHITE bread.

Coffee is ok!! and for some snacks try dried fruit (sulphate free) this is the best way to get high fibre and also a great snack.

You should be only have wholemeal bread or even better multigrain (7grains or more) bread.
Stay away from white rice ONLY BROWN RICE, Veggies stews (NEVER PEEL your veggies eg : potatoes, carrot, squash ) you lose most of the nutrients in the skin of your veggies and fruit.

Anything else you want to know?

Thanks..got most of the diet going so far, do have Metamucil drink...ughh
Starting to feel human again thanks to the exlax (grin)
I think that they have fallen off now because the bleeding has started again(mildly)
My Dr will be in after March break so I have to go for a recheck in another week
I hate to say that when the time comes to fix the fissure... I'M NOT DOING THIS EVER AGAIN :-S

i had a banding a while back & i was in agony for 2 weeks cos he banded a nerve! it took ages to get hold of him & for him 2 admit that was the reason for my pain. i just had to get thru it with strong painkillers but wld never have that done again. it turned out that my piles were so bad that banding was a total waste of time & i had 2 have surgery (after seeing 4 doctors!). after "conveyor belt" surgery had 6 weeks of pain but no more prolapsed piles. only prob now is i have bad skin tags left behind which make me feel unclean. guess i will just have 2 live with that! ive had enuf of doctors!