i have discoid lupus and have recently had a miscarriage. im wondering if the 2 are connected i have searched everywhere for research but all i can find is info on systemic lupus and not discoid lupus. it says women with SLE have high risk pregnancies but nothing about DLE.

How many months you were when you had the miscarriage

I was 10 weeks when i found out but it was possibly only a 5 week old feutus.

I have been doing online research for my roomate who was diagnosed with discoid lupus when she was only 15 and is now 23 and considering having children. The only site I found that addressed Discoid Lupus and pregnancy said that DL patients are in low risk category for problem pregnancies as long as the lupus is under control and being closely monitored by the doctor. My roomate takes plaqunil (not sure if spelled right) and everything i see online says that it is safe for her to continue this med during pregnancy.. have you heard anything differently about this? She has not had any skin lesions or lupus inflammations since she was originially diagnosed at age 15.

I also have Fleur and suffered the heartbreak of misscarges x3. I was advised to have a short course steroids and aspirin. Bingo my daughter is now 18 years old. I think if reseated carefully a link might be found. Good luck