I have been experiencing sudden dizzy spells almost every time I stand up. It started a few months ago, and it has been happening more and more. During these dizzy spells, I temporarily lose my vision and balance. I have to find something to hold onto of sit back down whenever it happens. I'm not elderly, and I know I'm not pregnant. It's starting to bother and worry me. What's going on?

You have symptoms of postural hypotension. Extreme dieting can cause this. Use a home blood pressure monitor to see if your BP is too low. Try to keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of fluid. The increase in blood volume will help increase your BP. Increasing your salt intake will also raise your BP. Try to eat nutritious food to bring your body weight to a normal level. This is no small matter if you should pass out and hit your head on something hard causing a concussion, or while holding a baby on your arms and risk seriously injuring the baby.