I'm a bit worried, I was laying down in the break room at work and when I got up I felt pain right about the middle of my chest, like someone was grabbing my air pipe, I felt dizzy and wanted to throw up, it lasted about 20 seconds. Sometimes when I stand up I get dizzy, but this is the first time I get the pain and nausea. Is this something to be worried about? I have a family history of hypertension and diabetes but I'm 22!! This can't be my heart right?

What you experienced is called postural hypotension (also called orthostatic hypotension). The dizziness, faintness or light-headedness results from a decrease in blood flow to the brain, due to a drop in blood pressure upon standing up.

At one time or another, we've probably all experienced mild postural hypotension from standing up too quickly. As long as it occurs only occasionally, there’s little cause for alarm. If it happens all the time it might be something more serious.

As to the pain you experienced, if it happens again or regularly, I might worry. If it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry.

In summary, if the postural hypotension reoccurs regularily, see a doctor.