I am 19 years old and I when I turned 14 I started getting dizzy for no reason. Also, I lose my appetite so I don't really eat a lot. It's mostly one meal a day sometimes I wont eat for the whole day I am not anorexic or bulimic. I don't really drink water either I would say a cup or two a day. I'm trying to change that I also stuff food in my mouth even though I feel like puking. At first I wouldn't say anything to my parents because I was scared of the results and also I didn't want to worry them. I have gotten checked but the doctors say I'm healthy, they just told me that I have low blood pressure that that's a reason for me being dizzy. It doesn't really make sense to me I don't think low blood pressure is the reason for me being tired, dizzy, muscle pains, headaches, loss of appetite and the lack of energy. If you have any idea on what could be wrong with me please tell me. Oh I also dont get me period every month I usually get every 3 months. I asked about that to the doctor and she said it was because I excersise a lot, but the truth is I really don;t I dance maybe four times a week, run or play a sport I would say three times a month. And I am not sexual active I am still a virgin that is the question I mostly get everytime I go to see a doctor.

Any information you can give me would be very helpful.

Thank you

Janet A

Hi Janet, considering you dance up to 4 times a week, you water intake is extremely low. I am not a doctor, so I can't tell you what might be the cause. However, dehydration can cause many issues that can lead to several false diagnosis. If you don't like drinking water, try to consume veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes or fruits like apples and melons. This should be in addition to elavationg your water consumption. Try it for a week, if it doesn't help you, know that it won't hurt you. I hope this helped.

i have a similar problem to you, i started having dizziness when i was 15 i am now 21, i have dizzy spells as a result, the dizzy spells only occur when i am standing still for a period of time their scary but i ignored them because i would be fine before and after them, during these episodes i get lightheaded feels like i am swaying from side to side and my vision turns black. about a month ago i was with my family when one happened and almost fainted so they took me to the er. i have low blood pressure just like you i had blood work done and came up negative for everything which is normal except im aneimic which could be part of the cause, i was told that it is an uncurable condition but can be treated, what happens is there is suppose to be a signal telling the blood to flow back up to the brain when i stand up, i have noticed that sometimes certain things trigger it but not all the time, like for me the sight of blood, certain smells i cant stand, caffeine from drinking coffe, alcohol which i hardly drink because of this, stress and anxiety, being dehydrated. i dont know if this is exactly what your experiecing but it sounded similar to my problem, when it first started happening i wasent eating a lot either because i was running track/xc and it was easier for me to run when i didnt have anything weighing me down after my runs i didnt feel like eating either but now and for a couple of years i have been eating normaly but occoasionaly i will feel like not eating i also feel tired and weak all the time, i do get muscle pains and headaces just like you but i ignore them because i have been getting those all my life, im seeing a cardiologist and a neurologist, im having a stress test and a tilt table test where my blood pressure will be measured at different levels of me lying down on a table being tilted. if i were you i would try to eat three meals a day with fruits and vegatables and drink more water this could help lesson your dizzyness oh and for the low blood pressure my doctor told me to eat more salt in my diet im sure yours probably did too because a couple of doctors have told me this, and when you feal dizzy try to see if your looking at something or thinking about something upsetting, also drugs and smoking anything can cause dizzyness