sometimes when I stand up I black out, I don't feel weird or anything just the sight goes from my eyes. A couple of times I've actually passed out and that felt horrible cuz when I'd wake up I wouldn't remember what happened I'd just feel like I was waking up from an amazing sleep. what could b the cause of this?

You have signs of postural or orthostatic hypotension. Medications that lower blood pressure and certain medical conditions can cause this. Check with your doctor for underlying medical problems that may exist. You can prevent black out by bending your body forward when you stand up, and then stand up very slowly before slowly straightening up your body. If you have a blood pressure monitor, check your blood pressure to see if it is lower than normal.

I've always had lower than normal blood pressure....around 96/54 most of the time...when questioning the dr he said maybe anemia and to eat more salt? no tests where taken or a real concern was given even though I was pretty concerned @ the time being pregnant

Yes, anemia and hypoglycemia can cause hypotension whereas eating more salt helps to raise blood pressure. I think your doctor should have at least tested your blood for anemia and hypoglycemia. This is a very simple office procedure. It can be a real concern if you should pass out while standing up holding a baby on your arms and thus risk seriously injuring your child when you fall. The way your doctor had treated you leads me to believe that he is a male doctor. You should really go see a female doctor instead. Only a woman can truly understand what another woman goes through. In the meantime, drink plenty of fluid to keep your body hydrated. The increasse in blood volume will help raise your blood pressure. Compresson stockings can help reduce venous pooling, allowing more blood to remain in your brain if you should need to stand up suddenly.

I had this happen to me when I was pregnant and it continued on after as well. I went through a bunch of tests. In the end, they found out I have a small hole in the main artery at the heart. When I have the episodes, they say it's because my blood goes the wrong way and that’s when I pass out. I started taking Omega 3, 6, 9 (not just 3) and that pretty much cured me. Talk to your doctor about doing a table test and having an ultra sound done on your heart.