If you had to leave town for a few days for a funeral, would your company deduct those days from your vacation days?

Absolutely. Even if it was LC's funeral.

Bastages.

what's a vacation day? :|

Most places I have been.

depends on who the funeral was for.
and...I don't really have vacation days...since I have summer vacation...but it wouldn't count against my sick/personal leave if it was in my family or my spouses.

Depends on who the funeral was for. My great uncle I took vacation, my grandmother they let me use personal time, but even as I'm typing that, I think that was just my supervisor being cool, not necessarily the company policy.

Gray area here - nothing actually specified. common practice is you get three personal days for a direct relative (parent/sibling, etc.). After that it's kind of up to your supervisor.

same here

When I worked at the hospital they gave us 3 days. But it had to be a immediate fam. Everybody else we took as vacation.

Now I'm on salary so they would just give me a few days.

Sheldon

we get three bereavement days for spouse/parent/sibling/son or daughter. I think it's less for grandparents. at no time does it count against us, no vacation days here since we're school teachers.

I am pretty sure that Kramer took vacation to go be with mom during her last days, but they took a few of those afterwards for the bereavement leave since she passed away at that time. And that leave counts for mom, dad, sisters, children, for his family as well as mine, including step-family. And spouse, of course.

sorta - I get 25 days per year off - sick time - personal time - vacation time - holidays -

It's all thrown together.

We've got 2 choices:

1. Use vacation days and get paid for it.

2. 3 days non-paid funeral leave.

3 paid days for funerals
21 paid vacation days
8 paid sick days
Unlimited paid days for jury duty.

3 paid bereavement days for us, in extenuating circumstances we get five paid days