How many holidays does your place of work reconized?

A. If you been with the company 10yrs or more you get 29 days of vacation (5 weeks and 4 days).

6. new yrs, memorial day, 4th of july, labor day, thanksgiving & x-mas.

S99

BIG FAT ZERO.

Not to sound bitter, but mothering allows for very little vacation time. :|

I can max out at 6 weeks after 20 years of service

plus still get my 144 hours of comp time and 72 hours of holiday every year

oh and 80 hours of sick time...all can accumulate and be paid upon leaving if not used.

How many days vacation can you max at work based on years of service?
6 weeks I believe but you have to be here 25+ years to get there.

How many holidays does your place of work reconized? 10, mostly because the stock market recognizes 10, and if one falls on a weekend we get an extra day to use.

4 weeks after ten years of service

We have 9 holidays

15 vacation days for up to 9 years of service 10th year it goes to 20 days
2 personal days
10 sick days (if you don't use any you get $500 at the end of the year or what you don't use gets turned into vacation time)
12 paid holidays!

11 Paid Holidays Child Involvment Leave: 8 hours annually. Cannot accumulate Sick Leave: 8 hours earned per month where at least half of the workings days of the month were worked. Accumulates indefinitely and can provide time credited towards retirement (20 days = 1 month) Vacation Leave: < 2 years of service = 7 hrs, 50 minutes earned monthly 2-5 years = 9 hrs, 10 min 5-10 = 11 hrs, 10 min 10-15 = 13 hrs, 10 min 15-20 = 15 hrs, 10 min 20+ = 17 hrs, 10 min No more than 240 hours of vacation leave can be carried over from the end of one calendar year to another. If the employee separates, payment for accumulated vacation leave cannot exceed 240 hours. At the end of the calendar year, any vacation leave exceeding 240 hours is credited to the employee's sick leave account.

Being a teacher...we get summer vacation, and lots of holidays.

Its very nice.

Us too. Salaried employees also get personal time at the discretion of your boss, so you can end up with at least another week's worth of days. I did this year, for appointments and stuff. So that was four weeks total for me this year.

We get 10 fixed plus two floating holidays to use whenever we want. We get Thurs and Fri off for Thanksgiving and a long Labor Day weekend and usually the day before Christmas as well as Christmas Day and all the usual summer ones. And President's Day.

BIG FAT ZERO. Not to sound bitter, but mothering allows for very little vacation time. :|

Very true. I think I've had maybe 7 or 8 days/nights off in the past 11 years. And even then, I'm thinking, worrying, wondering about my kids, so they're not "real" days off. When hubby tells me he hasn't had a day off in X days or weeks, I often . I'm truly not bitter, because I chose this gig. I love it, wouldn't change it for anything. I just have no patience for cry babies. (Ok, if they're not under the age of , say 5, anyway.)

I have no idea where it maxes out. My director has been her 15+ years and gets 4 weeks. I've been here 4 and get three weeks (started out with three).

Holidays: 8
New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, 2 for Thanksgiving, 2 for Christmas

We have always been told we can leave 2-3 hours early the day before a holiday.

And on top of that, I get 10 personal days a year. They do accumulate.