not how hours that you are at work but how many hours are you really working (doing your job at work) during the average week?

maybe better expressed as a ratio:

hours worked / hours at work

(just curious)

---
megawill

It depends on the number of dead bodies we have laying around.

Seriously.

If we have a funeral during the week, say a death call Monday morning at 8:00 a.m., then that week, if nothing else happens, it;ll be about 30 hours work/45 - 50 hours at work.

Other weeks, it may be 50%...busy weeks it may be 65 hours/65 hours.

Pete

36 hours one week
48 hours the next week.
work all of the time, very little down time.

At work: 45-50 hrs/week
Working: 40+ hrs

25/30

It's hard to judge down time since it happens only in spurts, and you can't do anything with a spare 5 minutes anyway.

At work: 45-50 hrs/week Working: 40+ hrs
Me too. SO unlike my last job. I might have 20 minutes here and there to Riff Raff and that's it. But I do love my job so that helps.

I am at work 40+ and some days have nothing, and then some days have enough to fill three or four days. I found it balances out.

Is this a trick question?..... :umno: .......I ain't sayin' nothin'...... 8)

It's hard to answer this. I'm contracted to 40 hours a week. Some days I go in very early. Other days I stay very late. Then there's all the papers I grade at home...

I don't know.

It's never 40 hours.

Do you get this?

working at my parents' food business requires long work hours...I work from 11:30-6 pm on weekdays and 4-6 hours on weekends (though it's more flexible) so anywhere from 35-40 hrs a week

Around 65 hours.

Counting the usual overtime I do, 50-52 per week. Throw in the commuting (which they should pay for ), and it's 68-70.

Time worked, at least 90%.

I work 28 hours a week during the school year, and 35 hours a week during the summer.

I'm going with 30\40 .

I get paid for 40, there for about 42 +/-