Not only that the business of steeling bones and tissues from corps and funeral homes is expending but it is also caring the negative effects along.

A woman from Florida, aged 65, who wished to stay anonymous, received a phone call after having cervical fusion surgery done about the possibility of receiving a bone graft form one of the stolen corps. After running all sorts of blood tests, she tested positive for HIV virus.
The woman has been married for more than 30 years and falls into a low risk group for contracting the virus. She believes that she contracted the virus from the bone tissue she received.

The main suspect of distributing bone tissue from dead bodies is a New Jersey company called Biomedical Tissue Services. They are accused of stealing tissue from corpses at several funeral homes, skipping the obligatory disease-screening process, and sending the tissues for cleaning. Biomedical Tissue Services has pleaded not guilty on the accusations.
It is believed that some of the tissue went from this company to the large distributor of such tissue Medtronic that treated and processed the tissue and then sold it to Sacred Heart Hospital.
It is still not known how many people received the tissue, but another woman from Florida is suing Tutogen Medical Inc. that also received tissue and bone from Biomedical Tissues Services.
Patients in other countries like Oklahoma and Indianapolis are also being noted of received stolen tissue or bone.

I was a tissue recipient of the bone they placed in my neck during a spinal fusion in 2004. I've been having a really hard time with nerves and panic attacks even though my tests have come back negative so far. Its the What if's that contstantly are on my mind. I will have to be tested for the rest of my life because the government did not regulate this industry better. I received a letter not long ago in the mail that informed me that I was a receipent of such tissue. To those who have not received any formal notification as of yet I would not worry to much. I had moved and the hospital still found me to inform me. I made an appointment to see my surgeon and he sent me down for testing. He is trying to make lite of the situation to make me feel better but I've done to much research online to realize that I am not out of the woods. The people that were involed in this crime should have the book thown at them. Mastromarino is so cocky as he did not have anything to do with this but with all evidence I can't see how he thinks he can get off. I pray for those that have had this horrible thing happen to them Deirdre

Lucky you for at least being notified.
I had a graft due to neck surgery and discovered over the internet and a phone call to the company that made the artificial disc that it might be contaminated ( 1 1/2 yrs later). I am still awaiting blood test results.
I filed a complaint with the FDA because I was not notified.

I feel sorry for all those the politicians and government used to further their own careers.
Did you ever ask: did any of those that worked for Mastromarino come down sick yet? They were in the fresh blood, that was to have been contaminated remember. They did not have the benefit of recieving a sterilized, chemically clean body part.
That NYS Health department licensed this man, The FDA inspected him found him doing a great job. You the tax payer paid these government offices to do a job. If he lied to them what makes you think he wasn't doing the same to all those that worked for him. Our goverment believed him and they have ways to find out all kinds of stuff about people.
Remember weapons of mass destruction, we are at war now because we believed in those that are suppose to know, Does that mean our president should go to jail because he believed what was told to him?