Hello, I am 21 years old and I would like to discuss something with you. Do I have low emotional intelligence? It seems that I cannot express what I feel, how, why, when and it is really bugging me. And this is mostly obvious in my relationships with girls. My present girlfriend is saying that I am completely without emotions!

Well, that is something I also got from many girls but I am happily married now! Also, you are still young, inexperienced, there is no need for you to be so harsh on yourself. And it is definitely hard to talk about emotions, no matter the age and the occasion. Still, try to be more honest with her, and as far the emotional intelligence goes, you can test yourself, but I think that there is no need for that at this moment.

Hello there chariot578,

Well we are all different and because you are so young it is not possible to feel so big emotions. Mostly girls in that age believe in happy romance and they expect movie love, so your girlfriend is dreaming about perfect man who is going to express his feelings all the time. You are not that type, and that bothers her. If you don’t feel anything towards her and if she is in love with you maybe you should break up with her.

When you meet the right person you will see that your feelings are going to be different, and you will feel need to express your emotions. Try to relax and enjoy your youth.