I have been suffering from depression for quite some time now and I can't handle it anymore so I started cutting myself. I am hiding it, my parents don't know about it but they know that I am feeling down. They don't really know how to help me, they are scared of even talking to me because I always just cut them off.

I like cutting myself because physical pain is easier to bare with than emotional pain. But I am really afraid that I might do something worse than that, that I might cut myself seriously, you know what I mean?

Try and seek help, Guest. I know it ain't easy to do, but I feel that you have the courage to do it. Even just writing here about your problem is quite courageous and I am sure that you can do it.

There are a lot of people suffering from depression who do the same thing as you do. You should talk to a psychologist or someone who you really trust and respect. You can try it with this person first but if it doesn't work, you must talk to a psychologist then. You need to start from somewhere, am I right?

Yes, you need help. I am sorry to be this direct but you understand it, I hope so.

Do you know what exactly is causing your emotional pain? My daughter had the same problem. I took her to this psychologist and she didn't even want to talk to her at first. But later (this psychologist was very good), she opened up to her and they realized that the main issue was the fact that my daughter and I don't function that well and that she is in desperate need of my love. So knowing that, we sorted things out and everything is okay now.

Have you ever really looked into this and actually thought about what is causing this emotional pain to you? If you did, you are already one step ahead. If you didn't, you should do it now. Knowing what hurts you is the first step towards treating it, right? Before you deal with something, you need to know what you are dealing with.

I would also advise professional help. I was talking to a psychologist at some point of my life and I have to say that these people are really helpful. Feel free to talk to them about everything, you'll see how good these therapies are.

You are in the serious problem. You should know that you can't deal with this by your own. It is very serious physical problem and you need to seek help if you want to deal with it. What is causing that emotional pain in your case? I don't understand how someone can cut himself or herself :/ It is causing a lot of pain, and there is a blood everywhere. I am sorry for being that direct, but I don't understand. I consider this as a biggest problem of all. You need to have help to deal with it. 

I was in thousand different stages of my depression but I never consider to cut myself. Not ever! That is not because I consider myself as a coward (one of my friends who is cutting himself told me that I am coward and that this is the reason why I don't want to cut myself, but this is insane). I think that this is really bad and don't be mad at me, but stupid thing to try to relieve emotional pain from depression.

That friend of mine was cutting himself when his GF dumped him and that was really traumatic for all of us. Don't do that, seek for immediate help! 

Things like cutting and hurting your self are really bad and they can totally affect your mental health as well. That really requires for wake up call! A lot of people, who I know, don't even understand why they cut themselves. They don't even know when they started. It is OK when you are relieving the emotional pain by crying or acting differently, but it gets really serious when you cut yourself. It doesn't matter what kind of emotional pain you are dealing with. You need to seek for help. I don't know are you strong enough to deal with this by yourself, but if you admitted here that this is a problem, maybe you should tell this to the psychiatrist and he will know what to do next.

Like others told you, it is serious problem but I strongly believe that you can cope with it because you admitted us this. By admitting to us, you are admitting to yourself as well that you are having certain problem. That means that you are capable to admit this problem to your physiologist. I know one girl, she is a teen girl, and when when her emotions overpower her intelligence she doesn't know to bring out the words. So she takes this small knife and she starts to cut herself. Trust me, that is a temporary way to run from emotional pain. You need to find final solution for this.