I hope someone out there can help shed some light on or even offer advice. A year and a half ago I met the man of my dreams. We had known each other for years and crossed paths every now and then until that one day in 2011 where he changed my life forever. He looked me up and called and there is where we started. I had not been in a relationship in quite sometime and he was in the process of a divorce. We started dating. He was very honest with me about him being bipolar and that never one time swayed me from wanting to date him. During the course of our relationship he has broken up with me on at least 4 occasions, proposed twice and just recently called off our engagement. He is very un-trusting of me believes I have cheated on him and has even accused me of giving him an std. I have never ever cheated on him not in my heart, head or physically. He says very mean things to me when he goes through these episodes. He has real issues with my past. He has a hard time because he can't work and also has a hard time intimately. He always goes through a depression and then is sorry and I always beg him to come back. I am so in love with him and I am so afraid this time is the last time. I'm scared of a life without him but also scared of one with him. When times are good they are real good but when they are bad they are the worst. My family has all but given up on welcoming him back but I don't want to give up on him. I love him way too much. 

Can anyone help a girl who is hopelessly in love? 

My mom is bipolar/manic depressive. I know it's hard to sway a bipolar person from his/her ways in their manic episodes. She went through several phases where she swore up and down people were trying to poison her and our family. My mom was diagnosed with manic depression 3 or 4 years ago and her doctors just now figured out the right combinations to keep her under controll/from having a manic episode. It didn't help that she also has mastocytosis (a rare auto-immune disease) that increases her metabolism. For example 2 benadryll pills would make most people really drowsy if not to sleep-5 benadrylls don't even affect my mom.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, but it may take some time to find it/get there. But I also know that everyone has a breaking point. You could try to stick it out for a bit longer, or you may need to take a break for a while.

It's great when they're not having an episode, but also horrible during the episodes.

Good luck. Do whatever you think best, for you. It's ok to think about yourself every now and then.