Hi, my nephew is very depressed in last several months. He also visited his doctor and he prescribed him some medications and tells him to come in few weeks. I wouldn’t be so worry that he didn’t told me he is also experiencing some irrational thoughts. He is shamed because of this but I see that he don’t know how to overcome this problem.

Hi, it looks like you relative is suffering from depression with psychotic episodes. I had similar problem with my boyfriend several years ago and it was pretty bad. These people suffer from strong depression which makes them uninterested for things which happens around him, they are not willing to participate in any social event. Psychotic episodes which may appear make this disorder even more difficult. Also important fact which makes difference between this psychotic episodes and schizophrenia is that people with episodes are aware that illusions are not good and try to fight against it.