Hi, my mother had psychotic disorder. At first we didn't know what was going on with her, but after seeing a doctor it all made sense. She underwent a treatment and was recovering just fine. After a while, symptoms of psychotic disorder returned. She started having those panic attacks and delusional ideas that come in episodes. Couple of days she is acting crazy and all of a sudden she returns to normal. Can you tell me something about psychotic episodes? What can we do to help her?

Hi, I am sorry that your mother is suffering from a psychotic disorder. Psychotic episodes are actually psychotic conditions that last not longer than one month. The symptoms of psychotic episodes include hallucinations, delusions, difficulty in speaking and the rest of the symptoms that are consistent with psychotic disorder. Therefore, when a psychotic episode occurs, the person usually sees things that aren't there, hears voices in her head or believes in something ridiculous like that she is the Christ etc. But, I am sure that you are very aware of theses signs. As you have noticed, psychotic episodes tend to pass for themselves. However, treatment is necessary. You should talk to your mother between the episodes and convince her that she needs professional treatment.