Hi, I am 32 years old female and I am suffering from Chrons disease. Unfortunately I am suffering from very severe form of this disease and my doctor decided to prescribe me Azathioprine. I know it is pretty dangerous medication with many side affects but I would like to know if it may affect my fertility.

Hi, unfortunately Azathioprine is very cytotoxic medication and it is very possible that it may harm your fertility. It is forbidden for women during pregnancy and also women who are breastfeeding they children. It would be the best to talk with your doctor for more details.I wish you a good luck!

I don't believe the above post is quite correct. According the article linked to below, while taking Azathioprine during pregnancy may be linked to congenital malformations, the evidence is not conclusive and women are often kept on the drug during pregnancy to keep them in remission. Breastfeeding on Azathioprine is not recommended however.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1856272/