After experiencing many problems with heavy periods, abdominal cramps, painful bowel movements during her periods, etc…doctors finally realized she had endometriosis. My sister is only 24 and not married. I am interested how this disease endometriosis can influence her to become pregnant and have a successful pregnancy? All replies are more than welcome!

Hi! I am very sorry to hear about your sister. How is she coping with this. My cousin also suffered from endometriosis. She realized this after a lot of time her husband and her were trying to get pregnant but they couldn’t. You see, endometriosis reduces the chances of a woman getting pregnant. This could be due to blockage of the Fallopian tubes, but mild endometriosis can also reduce fertility. Medicines that are used to treat endometriosis will not improve fertility, but surgery can do so if the endometriosis is interfering with the normal workings of the uterus and ovaries. Some women with endometriosis who want to have a baby may need fertility treatment. My cousin unfortunately didn’t get pregnant yet.