Hi All

Myself and my partner have been trying for a baby for well over 2 years now with no success :'(
We have recently been to see a fertility specialist who discovered that I had a large ovarian cyst. He said that it needs to come out. So we are waiting for the letter with an operation date. I am nervous about the op but I am also nervous of what is going to happen next. He also thinks that according to my blood test results, that my hormones are a little odd and I could be climacteric, I am 34. Would it be the cyst causing the hormone results to read that way, and will they return to normal after the cyst is removed? Will my fertility be affected by having the op? If my ovary is damaged they will be removing that too.
We want a baby so much and sometimes I feel its all slipping away from us.
I have been unwell for a year now and the drs keep telling me its stress/anxiety etc. Ive been to a&e with chest pains etc and they still tell me its nothing. Ive been to the drs crying because all I want to do is feel myself again, and now they have thrown anti depressants at me to treat anxiety. I dont want to take them because I feel there is an underlying problem, but seeing as they havent listened to me untill now, I thought I may as well give the tablets a try. They are making me feel awful at the moment but I was told this would happen and to stick with it if I could. They also referred me for councilling!
Are all these symptoms amoungst many others that Im having, to do with the cyst/hormones or anxiety? What came first?
Sorry to go on a bit.
Any advice would be appriciated
Thanks for listening

Hi! The big reason why you have had a hard time becoming pregnant IS because of that darn cyst! Since they are removing it and you ovulate there will be the same chances of you becoming pregnant as a woman without a cyst!

NOW before you have the surgery you will need to write down ALL of your questions and have them ALL answered! Such as, does your surgeon thing he/she will have to remove your ovary as well? How fertile will you be after? Will they be putting you on anything to help with your fertility - such as Clomid Or Metformine? How long should you wait to begin trying again! Will they be checking out your other ovary and any other organs to see if there is any Endometriosis!? And will you start feeling "normal" after this surgery!

You have to keep in mine a couple of things here OK? 1. That you ARE probably VERY anxous about becoming pregnant - it IS a very stressful thing! 2. IF doctors don't know what is wrong with you then there HAS to be something in you head!!!! 3. You have to realize that perhaps this is ALL related and when 1 thing is fixed the others will fall into place!

IF you Google Ovarian Cyst Symptoms, and look at many different sites, they will tell you that how you have been feeling - is VERY common!

Your low hormone level and them mentioning that you COULD be Climacteric - perimenopause - can ALL bre from the cyst and just not feeling well! I would like you to start taking Prenatal vitamins - these are PROVEN to increase your fertility! Check with your doctor 1st though OK? As sometimes they don't want you on certain medications or vitamins etc before surgery!

Write Down ALL you need to be answered OK? and then take that with you and write it down! Or you WILL forget! Also know that IF they end up taking you cystic ovary you DO have another 1 left and all you need is a partial ovary to become pregnant! So good luck honey and please let me know how you make out OK?

Hello bambi27,

Thank you so much for your reply, you have given me some good advice, a lot to think about, and most of all,some hope.
You seem to know what you are talking about.
I still havent heard when my op will be, but Im hoping it won't be too long because I just want this cyst out, and hopefully start to feel normal again. I can't convey just how unwell Ive felt for all this time, to the point that I panic so much when I get these rib/chest pains, that I think Im dying because its my heart! The g.p has just given me prozac because Ive been so anxious. I am reluctantly taking them even though they are making me feel ill and I didnt really want to take them anyway. The side effects this first 2 weeks have been awful. Im quite aware that I sound a bit crazy, but I can assure you that Im not. I just want to feel myself again. Ive lost my spark, it went a long time ago and I want it back. Its no fun when you cant figure out whats wrong with you. :-(

Ive googled several things including hormone imbalances and anxiety, and they sort have the same symptoms and one can cause the other, so fingers crossed it is only my hormones that are to blame, who would be a woman eh ;-)

I have started to jot down any questions I can think of for when I go for my pre op. I know what you are saying, every time Ive been to the drs with questions, Ive never asked them all, and then Ive left the drs surgery feeling like Ive got nowhere or got any answers.

Its just sods law that all these problems have come when Ive left it a bit late to have my first child, and time isnt on my side. At the moment its all a waiting game. I really dont know what I would do if I couldnt have children. I only want the chance to have one, Im not greedy XD

Anyway, thanks again and I'll keep you posted
Take care

Hi! You are NOT crazy, you probably have some depression/anxiety over all of this! and damn rights you will feel like c**p with all your hormones being out of whack! Due to this cyst, it is basically making you feel like you are heading into menopause! And I have NEVER met ANY Woman that just LOVES going through the "Change" it is AWFUL! And I suspect that this will be leading to your feelings of anxiety etc. I just answered a young daughter of a woman going through menopause!

Also note the following MENstruation, MENopause, MENtal Ilness!!! ;-)XD That is why I KNOW that God IS a Man!! A woman would NEVER do this to us!!!! ;-)XD

Also know this, there is inconclusive information about women taking antidepressants and fertility! But MANY OBGYNS err on the side of caution and advise NOT to take any antidepressant - UNLESS NEEDED of course - before the end of the 1st trimester!

I think once you get this darn cysts out and have your questions answered you WILL feel much better! And because you have HOPE then this will also help your outlook! And you are NOT too old to have a baby honey! 3 of my girlfriends had baby's at 40! So don't worry about that! I have also had several friends who went on to become pregnant RIGHT away after surgery for an etopic pregnancy, or other female surgeries! That is why doctors ALWAYS tell you to wait 6 weeks after procedures to start trying! As you become VERY fertile after procedures!

Phone the doctor to see about you taking prenatal vitamins! And when to stop them IF you have to before the surgery! This will help with both or even 1 ovary and your fertility OK? There are even herbal and vitamin mixtures for sale now! One of the ladies I have counseled has taken this and became pregnant! So you just never know!

Hello Bambi27

I have finally had my operation. I ended up having it done by keyhole surgery thank goodness. I am currently signed off work for a month because I do quite a manual job, with a lot of lifting.

They removed 2 large cysts and 3 small ones all from my left ovary in the end. They managed to save my ovary and they reckoned that my tubes looked ok too.
I didnt realise that I would be in so much pain afterwards though! I couldnt move the first day, and for a few days after, I couldnt bend at all because my tummy was so swollen. I had a drain coming from my tummy aswell, and I had to keep that until it stopped draining blood and fluid, which unfortunately lasted nearly 5 days. I was supposed to be hospital overnight but I was there 5 days in the end.
I feel ok in my head now, and keep trying to do too much, but then I'll all of a sudden get a pain and I realise that I am really doing too much and need to slow down. There is only so much sitting on your backside and doing nothing a person can do!
Weve had gorgeous weather too so Ive been outside a lot and doing some light gardening.

All I can hope for now is that we can start trying to conceive again. We were told to wait about six weeks but the desire got the better of us the other night Im afraid XD we were gentle though.
I go back to see the speacialist for my follow up apt in august.
So Im a lady of leisure at the moment, and I must say that Im enjoying being away from work. Ive even applied for a new job.
Anyway I thought I would let you know how I got on and fingers crossed for the future.
Take care
:-D

Hi honey! Thankyou for letting me know! I would advise you to follow the instructions about waiting OK? Your body has gone through a lot and you need it to heal! The weir thing about laproscopies is that you LOOK fine and then all of a sudden WHAM your body tells you to CALM down! I remember after my hysterectomy, I decided I could JOG up the stairs! Well I thought someone pulled out my inners! It was awful! So just take it easy for a bit OK? Eat healthy and LISTEN to your body, and get your body ready to make a baby!!! ;-) Please let me know how you make out OK? God bless and good luck honey!

Dear Bambi27 ... you are really a sweetheart !! I read your replies just now and thinking how nice you are... Be like this always ... Take Care !!

Laughed a lot after reading this--- VERY TRUE ---" Also note the following MENstruation, MENopause, MENtal Ilness!!! That is why I KNOW that God IS a Man!! A woman would NEVER do this to us!!!!

Hehhehehheeee :-D XD

hi Ladies

i have been following your messages for some time now.
and out of the blue i decided to get myself checked out. i'm only 26 years old, and was terrified. well anyway...got to the doctor as nervous as hell, got checked out and guess what I have Ovarian cyst about 7cm big. I was terrified, I had told the dr, that i had been trying to fall pregnnt from the beginning of the year. He also said that it could be one of the reasons why i'm unable to conceive. I also have irregular periods.

Anyway, I will be going for my check up on Monday next week, and he said that if its still there, we would have to operate.
It just gives some sort of comfort when i read your comments on how successfull your ops were.

And hopefully after the ops & recovery I will be able to hold and watch my tummy grow. A feeling i've always longed for, from a very tender age of about 16. My mother thought i was crazy, and now i know why she said that.

Please keep me in your prayers, and will let you know, how the ops & recovery go. Hopefully you'll also be among the first to know, once the bun has been planted.

Lots of Love.
NervousWreck %-)

very good advices, "bambi27" thank you for your sharing and good luck with babies.

Hi there..

I am 32 years old and in remission for a year & 8 months (Ovarian Cancer) I only have one ovary left (left side) . Last week I had a 7cm cyst removed and I am in major pain!! I don't really like taking too many pills but Jesus this pain is severe. I feel like someone is ripping my inner organs out! I get some spasm and have major pain in my pelvic. I am very bloated and feel very uncomfortable. I was given a Lupron shot right before I started my 8 cycle chemotherapy and now I am wondering if my ovary is even awake? I have no children and run the risk of having Ovarian Cancer again....My boyfriend and I really want just one baby (im not greedy) The real questionis..Is it Life Risking?? What kind of foods should I eat to help restore my ovary? and Do I have a chance?? I currently take DHEA25 and Fertility Blend for Women...Any Advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you ♥

Sincerely

Sourpatch Girl

Same boat girl! I had a 6 cm and a 7 cm cyst on both ovaries that were just found via ultrasound not even 4 weeks ago. Been TTC since January and just knew something wasn't right, didn't think I had been ovulating, depressed, felt like a crazy person...it's been horrible. Was proactive, asked for an ultrasound and thank God I did. Just had laparoscopic surgery on July 3rd, got rid of what my gynecological oncologist described as "angry tumors" and also lost 90% of my left ovary. But...got my period 2 days after surgery and think I might be about to ovulate any day due to changes in cervical mucus! Here's to hoping at least! Cysts are crazy though, depending on how big they are and where they are on your ovary, they can block the egg from going into the Fallopian tube, which then means no baby making

I am 23 years old and I had an ovarian cyst 10 cm removed today and I am feeling so much happier and relieved I love reading your guys comments gives me so much hope because I have always wanted kids myself and no luck

I’m 18 and just had a cyst removed off of my right ovarie laparoscopic the size was 13.5 cm... I’m almost a month post op and I’ve always wanted kids and I’m hoping that didn’t affect my ability to concive in the future :) us lady’s are fighters!!

I was wondering if you where able to conceive after your cyst removal?

Hi, im having the exact same issues as you were.. I have a 6 cm cyst on my right ovary. Im terified of getting operated on and that they take my ovary. Im stressed and anxious all the time. How did your cyst adventure end ?