So im 7 weeks pregnant, and I am happy about it. Its hard to realise that at 7 weeks my baby has a heart beat, spine, legs and arms with definition, eye pigment. My babys brain has started growing and the air passages into the lungs are too!!! Its only in the 1st trimester!!! The biggest growth of the feotus is in the first trimester. My baby is currently 6mm in length.

So I have been feeling very sick, all the time. Nausea and tiredness has been ruling the roust. I know, fatigue is part and parcel of being pregnant. i have has an internal scan at 4 weeks and at 6 weeks, I have seen the fetal heart beat and it was so special. Its hard to motivate myself to do things when im feeling so tired and sick. However, I work in a ward and my lovely doctor has given me ainti emetics - which is anti sickness relief which is good for me. I have also been getting light cramping, which is my uterus changing, preparing itself for the massive growth in my belly :-).

The doctor has started me on Folic Acid. Folic acid is very important for all women who may become pregnant. Adequate folate intake during the periconceptional period, the time just before and just after a woman becomes pregnant, helps protect against a number of congenital malformations including neural tube defects. Neural tube defects result in malformations of the spine (spina bifida), skull, and brain (anencephaly). The risk of neural tube defects is significantly reduced when supplemental folic acid is consumed in addition to a healthy diet prior to and during the first month following conception. Women who could become pregnant are advised to eat foods fortified with folic acid or take supplements in addition to eating folate-rich foods to reduce the risk of some serious birth defects.

Anyway, I think Ive written enough, good luck all!
Kee
xxx

Hi KeeKee!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm very happy for you.

I understand how you are feeling, I've had similar symptoms (luckily for a very short time) but it gets worse :-)....hehe, just joking

The biggest happiness is when you start feeling the kicking,......so exciting!

Anyway, take it easy now and keep us posted on your progress!

Best Regards
Jenny

Thankyou for your reply, I will definately keep posting... I know too much about pregnancy not too... 'fraid thats that happens when you work on gynae and maternity units lol :-P

Hope your ok ,
All my love
Kee