Hi, I have been getting the birth control shot for almost two years now. I have been wondering if being on the shot for so long could cause infertility?

It does not lead to infertility =)

With that being said.. The shot takes a LOT longer to get out of your body than the pill, as you know, so it could take 3-6-9 months in order to become pregnant after the pill.

It depends on the form of birth control.

I had a very bad experience with the Depo-shot and the 5 year birth control (Norplant). The Depo-shot caused me to bleed non stop for months.

So they used the Norplant, and that broke in my arm a year into my 5 years... subsequently it took me several years to get pregnant after miscarrying, then I had several miscarriages for several years to come. I am currently pregnant with #3 (6 1/2 weeks), after having a total of 5 miscarriages.

I recently found out there was a lawsuit over Norplant making some women infertile, which is a shame because they really wanted young mothers and teenagers to have it when it first came out in the early 90's. There were some other health issues related to Norplant and if I had known about the lawsuit earlier I would have been included in part of the case because of what the doctors have verified was the reason I have had so many issues.

With all birth control you have a shot, after taking it for long periods of time, to become infertile. The birth control shot is DANGEROUS! It is a FACT that if you take it for more than 5 years you will become infertile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but how does one know when she has began ovulating again. I got on the depo shot in december of 07. and i was due for my next shot in march, i didnt get it becuz we are ttc and my periods have been regular. is this jus a period without ovulation or what?? and we tried to conceive on june 14th but my period came on the 27th so obviously we didnt get pregnant. HELP!!! lol i need some answers and feedback. im panicking

i was on the depo provera shot for nearly 2 years. When i got off of it, i thought that i could get pregnant within the average amount of time (1-4 months). Unfortunately that didn't happen. I could not get pregnant until 18mos later. The shot takes A LOT longer to get out of your system. i think that, in my case, since i was on it for so long, it took that much longer to conceive.

it all depends on your body. every one is different, some people can not get get pregnant for several months or over a year after the shot and some even suffer the loss of an unborn child and some become infertile.
i got lucky in a left handed way. i got off the shot after 2 years, never had a period when i was on the shot. i got off the shot because i decided to have a baby, i never had a period between getting off the shot and getting pregnant.
and with my second i got pregnant even though i took the pill like my life depended on it.
some women are so fertile its creepy (like me, now expecting baby three-conceived the same way as baby one)