I've heard that drinking lemon juice may have an effect on the mestruation, as if enhances it, or make it "go away" faster... is any of truth in that or is it really stupid?? I appreciate your response, I've been looking for some answers on the internet but nothing has come up :-(

No, it sounds like this is just one of those wives tales.

yes it does make your period go away if u drink it a couple of days be4 it will stay away for 2 to 3 days i have tried it!

yes lemons do cut your period short!...whenever im on my period and i drink or eat anything with lemon, my period gets lighter or goes away for a day or 2...but then it comes back and your period last a little longer...well for me anyway

That wouldn't make sense. Lemon has acidic elements in it which help your body detox, i.e. clean out your system. If anything, it would make your period occur sooner.

Well i think that lemon helps for womans periods. I ate the whole lemon since my period started on the first day. XD I feel really comfortable, because i've been bleeding too much a long time ago and now its even better - its less bleeding 8-| i would recommend you girls to try this 8) !

I found this same response on the internet one time and tried it. It worked great. I also took two ibuprofen every 6 hours. A few days before my period was due I started taking 20oz of water and putting some lemon juice in it, along with taking ibuprofen and it was delayed for a few days. I have also taken it right when my period started and it caused it to be very light and short, when normally I have horrible cramps and it is heavy, and I get cysts regularly.

Hope this helps.

It is true for some girls it just depends on your body i have only the smallest amout of lemon and i end up getting my period 3-5 days later. It just depends on your body no one is the same :-)

lemon juice helps to cut your period short. however, because the menstruation is something that a woman's body is supposed to undergo, by cutting it short, it affects your body. Perhaps the next time you get your period you will have more cramps and be more sensible. I heard that it affects the woman when they are going through menopause.

I've read once that lemon juice make it shorter, but more painful the next month..

was drinking warm water with lemon juice, trying to loose some kilos but it delayed my periods for 6 days. thats scary and i wont do it ever again o.O

If you eat a lemon (or at least half) on the day of your period, it cleans out your body and makes the blood come out in one shot. Therefore, the period will be shorter, but its the same amount of blood that was suppose to come out anyways so no, it will not be heavier the month after. The concentration is different (short but heavy period instead of having longer but lighter period). What you eat during one month will affect that cycle of the month not the ones after.

well i wasooking on line for something for diahrea and read were lemon juice was good so i tried it and it worked right away for me. was also on my period and now it has almost stopped. so i guess it is some what true. i started on the 16

I tried drinking lemon juice cause I was turning twenty-one last month on 9/23 so I drunk the lemon juice on 9/22 when my cycle started and it did not come on until the 9/27, but I was in so much pain..The cramps are worse and it makes it last longer, well it did in my case..

well i came online right now to see all the peoples responses too

i aggree everyones body is different

my friend told me it helps

but another friend told me no to stay away from lemon and chilies and all kinds of stuff in that sort or it gets worse

i always eat chillie and spicy food its MY FAVORITE includin lemon and i see no change :shock: :!: so

i wouldnt kno to answer ur question :? sorry

one think i seen is to take ibuporfen humm thats interestinq ima try it my self && ill let u girls know :)

well my visit here is over

who ever would like to experiment with me too and leave there comments about wat we have experineced wit the lemon & ibuprofen

would be GREAT GIRLS :D :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: