Hi, I have anemia, due to iron deficiency and I was said that it would take time, about a few month of additional iron intake to increase level in the blood. My hair is falling off all the time, when I sit for a while and learn, when I get up, there’s a lot of hair on the floor. Is there any relation between anemia and hair loss?

Hi, I had the same problem two years ago. But, I’ve noticed hair loss at first and treated it with shampoos for hair growth and only later I realized that my loss of hair was due to anemia. By treating iron deficiency I solved my hair loss problem as well. It’s suggested to take supplements of iron, folic acid, necessary for hemoglobin production and vitamin B12 responsible for maturation of red blood cells. Vitamin C can increase absorption of iron, by making acid pH in the stomach. Absorption of iron can be easily interrupted and lowered by other elements like calcium, zinc which use the same transportation mechanism. It also interacts with food, and is lost by that way.

yeah i heard that taking b12 and iron supplements don't work at all unless you take them with something citrusy or acidic, like an orange or an apple, i guess thats because of the whole vitamin c thing the person b4 was talking about but i thought it also had to do with the citric acid