I've read a few things about Vitamin C serums lately. Those things make it sound like Vitamin C serums are absolutely amazing. Are Vitamin C serums really, really all that great for wrinkles, even skin tone, healthy looking skin, even bleaching dark circles under the eyes? In other words, does it really work or is this mostly a hype or a fad?

I've found myself looking at a few different ones online and I have been tempted to buy something, but first I would like to hear from those ladies who have already tried Vitamin C serums. 

Thank you!

It does.

Vitamin C serum:

- Is an antioxidant, which means it repairs the damage done to your skin throughout the day.
- Boosts collagen, which you need to keep looking young.
- Fights scars and pigmentation, which is great no matter if you have acne or some sun damage.
- Protects you from the sun.

Those are an awful lot of different benefits packed into one serum. Vitamin C serum isn't a fad. It is here to stay.

This is how you are supposed to apply it:

- First off, wash your face. On your still damp face, apply the serum. You can use it on your neck and cleavage area as well.
- Start off by using only a small amount. You start with lower concentrations every other day and then build up slowly. Too much at once can irritate the skin so you need to let your skin adjust.
- Then after applying your vitamin C serum, wait until your skin is completely dry to the touch and follow up with a nice moisturizer and some sunscreen, or just the moisturizer if it already has an SPF in it.
- Store your vitamin C serum in the fridge to prevent it from oxidizing.

Celebrity

We have had quite a few topics about different vitamin C serums in the past, and you may benefit from looking those up if you are interested in finding out more about which serums are the absolute best. Not all vitamin C serums are of equal quality, you see, and it seems like a few expensive brands are the most loved among skincare addicts :). The Philosophy vitamin C powder, which is mixed in with your moisturizer, is popular to name one. 

Vitamin C serums work wonders, literally, but the key is a slow build up as well as choosing the right serum. 

Rosie

I use Serumtologie Vitamin C Serum 22% on my skin. It is one of the serums with a higher percentage, but its main active form of vitamin C is Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, which is the less irritating and more stable form of vitamin C. It is also pH neutral, has added hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, and ferulic acid. It took about three weeks before I really started seeing a difference to my skin, but because I had read so much about vitamin C serums irritating the skin at first I was at least pleased that that did not happen. My skin now feels smooth, it looks even, and I do believe I have less wrinkles than before. I am very content with this serum.

Gigi

I started using Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum after a friend suggested it for some sun damage I had. I've not stopped since :). It really works. My skin tone is more even, that was the first thing I noticed. The sun damage has faded now. And my skin looks brighter. Vitamin C is not the only thing my serum contains, there are also other goodies. I am happy with it. It is quite hard choosing a serum unless you're introduced to one by word of mouth" as I was though. They all have different advantages and you have to read up on all that. Glad I just got the first thing that was recommended to me, to be honest, because it works like a dream.

One serum you may like to look into is the 40 carrots serum, which has retinol, vitamin C and carrot. You can buy it from Amazon, and unlike some of the other stuff out there it isn't too heavy on the pocket. It feels very rich and kinda sticky and the beginning, but then it really starts to clear out your complexion and makes you generally look glowing and healthy. That's the one I like, anyways. But to answer your general question, not every vitamin C serum will work for your particular skin but vitamin C serums in general are a great addition to your skincare routine...

You bet that vitamin C serums really work! This is in fact one of those rare skincare products that will benefit almost anyone regardless of skin type. The trick is, however, to build up gradually to prevent redness and tingling. You only need to use a very small amount, and some serums are milder than others. You can start using it every other day for instance, then every day. Only use it once a day, and the morning is the best time to apply your vitamin C serum.

This. A good vitamin C serum shouldn't be advertised as a vitamin C serum yet filled up mainly with chemical ingredients that will do your skin more harm than good in the long run. You want a decent and reputable serum. In addition, because vitamin C is unstable, you need to be diligent about keeping the bottle away from the sun and closed to air. This prolongs its life. I like Serumtologie as well as TruSkin Naturals, which has a concentration of 20 %.

After using some cheaper vitamin C serums for a while, I decided to opt for Skinceuticals CE ferulic in the end. It is, to make the understatement of the century, somewhat of an investment. I do not normally spend this much on my skin, but I have never seen any negative reviews of this serum so I decided I would go for it. I do not regret the decision at all! Since using Skinceuticals CE ferulic, my skin is looking the best it ever has. For the first time in a long while, I do not even need to use a foundation to look awesome. My skin is smooth, tight and positively radiant. So soft too. Yes, a good vitamin C serum is worth its weight in gold!

Skinceuticals is the top of the line in vitamin C serum, but not everyone can tolerate its acidity nor afford its price. Vitamin C serum is mainly about antioxidant protection and skin renewal based on how dedicated you are in its use. It's not a one-shot deal that works in a week, nor does it require finding the most expensive products. Just find a brand that you're comfortable with and can afford.
I've been using Skinbotanics Serum 22/20, it works for me and the price is right.