Hi, I had blood analysis and my iron measure is interpreted as good by one doctor and as insufficient by other. Is having iron on lowest levels ok or not ok?

Hi, every doctor judges by himself about general health condition of the patient and should take into account all relevant information. So, not only amount of iron is important but also number of red blood cells, hemoglobin and hematocrit. Anyway, if your iron level is low you should intake more iron. It is essential for proper supply of oxygen to all cells in the body, for muscle contraction and oxidative process. Anyway, it takes a lot of time to have iron level increased as it’s absorption is disrupted by other food ingredients. Try to avoid taking dietary supplements with your iron tablets, as calcium from milk interferes with iron absorption.