My huspand and I have just started taking chelated calcium, magnesium and zinc. We are both 37 years old and I just want to make sure we are getting enough calcium. We also take multi mineral and vitamin, grape seed extract, vit.c, bee pollen, woolfberries and Q10. We eat a very well balanced diet, fish, veg,soya milk,yoghurts, chicken and grains. I am a liitle concerned that in taking all these supplements whether our body could sustain life without them! Does the body become dependable on supplements or in taking supplements does it increase the bodies ability to produce and maintain such nutrients from the supplements. Please could you advise me. I also understand that in taking too much calcium, iron absorption is reduced.

To be honest I thinking you are a bit overdoing it with this vitamin/mineral intake.
If you eat what you say you eat, you are definitely getting enough both vitamins and minerals and too much of any nutrient can be toxic if taken for a long time.
I don’t thinking you should be getting any supplements as you are getting enough from you r food. Only vegetarians and people who take less than 1600 calories a day should be using supplement, as well as alcohol and drug consumers (but they don’t bother much anyway). Oh yes, and pregnant ladies. I was taking supplements when pregnant and lactating. This is my personal opinion.
Have you tried talking to any dieticians or have you been doing everything on your own?
As for the too much calcium-no good either.
You would have never guessed that your depression, or weakness, nausea, etc….is due to too much calcium in your blood.

Simone, I couldn't agree you more. We shouldn't be overdoing with these supplements before consulting with Registered dietitians (RDs).

Hello fitkid
My question to you would be are these minerals chelated with amino acids like plants use them ? It will say amino acid chelate beside the mineral if this is so. As far as too much your body should tell you by the way you feel. See nothing wrong with the CoQ10
More fruits and raw vegtables should be added in increasing Quantities
The vitamin I'm into is the Greatest Vitamin in the World
Thats the one I take